Chapter 28

Izzy's POV

I felt like the stupid bitch in every horror movie who trapped herself upstairs or fell while running. I put myself in this position by going off by myself instead of staying with the 50+ witnesses downstairs. These were the second thoughts going through my head as Jaime was breathing down my neck.

"You look incredible, Isabel." He whispered, moving his mouth down my neck. He hadn't connected it to my skin, he just let his breath fan over me. It made me shiver, closing my eyes in hopes of making this easier. He spun me around to face him, and when I stumbled in the heels he pushed me back against the door so I wouldn't fall.

When he grabbed my butt and pulled me into him I tried to push back, but he just pinned me between him and the door. When I wouldn't stop squirming, he grabbed my wrists in one hand, holding them behind my back. I winced at how tight his grasp was, knowing they would probably bruise.

"You don't have to do this, please." I begged him, thinking that I could instill his sense of humanity back into him.

"But I want to." He chuckled, reaching down next to me and picking up the key to the bedroom Luke and I shared.

He spun me around, still keeping my hands restrained. He pressed my body against the door and kissed the back of my neck while he unlocked it. I saw him turn the knob, quickly pushing it open and forcing me in.

"Jaime!" I heard Luke yell from the hall way. Jaime just shoved me to the floor harshly, quickly shutting the door and locking it before Luke could get in. It was then that I wished I had listened to Luke and let him hold the key tonight instead of me. He started banging on the door frantically, fucking with the door knob in hopes of it magically opening.

Jaime rushed back over to me, peeling me off the floor and throwing me onto the bed. I tried to run before he could pin me down, but he pulled out a pocket knife and held it to my throat. I lowered myself away from it until I was propped up on my elbows. He used his free hand to start pulling up my dress, all the while Luke was still shouting and banging on the door.

"Izz! Are you okay?!" He yelled, grabbing the door knob again.

I looked up at Jaime to see him with a finger over his lips, telling me not to say anything. When I felt his hand go back under my dress I closed my eyes tightly, not wanting to watch. A gunshot sounded throughout the house, making him scoop me up and hold my back to his chest. Luke kicked the door in after shooting the lock out, walking in on me with a knife to my neck.

I was crying hysterically, watching as Luke pointed a gun at his brother. After the sound of the shot, Brett and Lorenzo bolted upstairs and found us, only making Jaime more on edge. He was digging the knife further into my skin, making me wince.

"Let her go, I swear to god!" Luke shouted, taking a step closer and aiming the gun high at Jaime's head. There was fear in his eyes. Fear of losing me, fear of what his brother was capable of, and fear of what he himself was capable of. I couldn't watch him shoot his brother, I just couldn't.

Lorenzo assessed the situation immediately, walking past Luke and coming right up to where Jaime and I stood. I felt Jaime shaking, and I watched as Lorenzo just gently pulled the knife away from my neck. He had his eyes locked on Jaime's, not looking away even for a second. Once the knife was on the floor, I felt him nudge my shoulder, telling me it was okay to run.

Luke put his gun in the back of his waistband again as I ran into his arms, tears falling everywhere. He led me out of the bedroom and into the hall, leaning me up against the wall to keep me from falling over. I cried into his chest, hearing Brett and Lorenzo talking to Jaime in the room.