Chapter 72

Izzy's POV

When Monday rolled around, Sophie and I went out for a drive to grab Starbucks for everyone. We used it as a disguise for needing time away from the guys so we could call the OB-GYN, and we parked in the Starbucks' parking lot and made the phone call. I hated making doctor's appointments, but after going years without anyone else to do it, I got used to the anxiety.

I explained what I wanted to talk about to the receptionist, and bless her soul for being so sweet about it. She made a point to say that it was something they could definitely help with, and she let me book an appointment for Friday morning. When I ended the call, I felt a weight lift off my shoulders, and I was just ready to finally find out if I actually fucked up my body irreversibly or not.

We grabbed all the coffee for everyone through the drive-thru, and we started our drive back to the house with two trays on Sophie's lap. I was worried that I'd dwell too heavily the days leading up to the appointment, so I talked Sophie into coming up with plans for every day. I needed to go back to Brett's to re-up anyway, so I texted him and told him that I'd be there on Thursday.

We decided to go back to the beach today, since it was almost 90 degrees out and the sun was shining brightly without a cloud in the sky. There wasn't much else to do that didn't require spending money, and since I was in savings mode now I just wanted to avoid pointless spending. The guys were totally for it, though, and we packed everything up the second we got back with the drinks.

I packed up a lunchbox full of snacks, and Sophie took some beer and White Claws out of the fridge to throw in a cooler we ended up buying when we got the umbrella last time. The guys were all downstairs and ready right when we finished, so we rushed upstairs to go change ourselves. I changed into my bathing suit, feeling a lot less self-conscious this time around since I knew I already did it once.

When I ran into the bathroom to grab towels, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I hadn't really paid attention to myself the last few weeks, even months. Seeing how much weight I had gained back was bittersweet, but I had to push all the disordered thoughts away so I could see how healthy I actually looked. I didn't look sick anymore, I just looked like an average 21-year-old girl. It gave me hope, though, that maybe I would start getting my period again soon.

I picked out an armful of six towels, and I left the bathroom with a small smile on my face as I ran back to my dresser to find something to put over the bathing suit. When we went to get into my car, I threw all the towels in the trunk and let the guys load up everything else. I had everyone carry their own towel when we parked and we set up camp on the far end of the beach like we did last time.

One thing that did bother me when I looked in the mirror was how pale I was, so I put on sunblock the second I took all my clothes off and made a point to tell everyone not to try to get me in the water. Sophie and I were planning on tanning for a few hours, so the guys went over to the water with a Nerf football and started fucking around like 13-year-old boys.

"I did some research last night, dude. Sometimes you start ovulating again before you even get your period back." Sophie started up a conversation after us laying there silent for almost an hour. It's not like we had nothing to talk about, we were just taking in all the sun and warmth, even if I didn't really enjoy those two things.

"We'll see what they can tell me." I sighed, not really wanting to think about it at all. The reason we were here was so that I wouldn't think about it in the first place.

"I'm sorry, I know you don't really want to talk about it." Sophie apologized, but I brushed it off and told her it was fine.

The fact that I even had to worry about such things at my age was defeating. I didn't think I'd ever be concerned with having kids, but then Luke came along and one comment got my mind racing. It was so long into the future still, but I wanted to know now before we started that process and had to be heartbroken.