Chapter 10

Izzy's POV

I woke up well passed noon on Saturday, having taken my anxiety medication to calm myself down enough to sleep. I was exhausted, even after sleeping 12 hours. I was drained in every sense of the word. I didn't want to fight back anymore, and I didn't want to keep putting up this front. It seemed the more I fought back, the more Luke did, and I just didn't want to keep going around in this sick cycle.

Sophie had been calling me since 11 trying to find out when we were going to start getting dressed up, and I felt bad for leaving her with no response for 4 hours considering it was 3 now. I texted her back right away to tell her to get all her stuff together and meet me in the café. I needed coffee before I could do anything today, and I knew she was always up for caffeine.

I grabbed us a table and asked what she wanted, ordering for the both of us that way it would be ready by the time she got down here. Soon enough, she was walking through the glass doors and coming to sit across from me. When I looked up at her she was giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Are you okay?" She asked quietly, treading as lightly as she could.

"Yeah." I paused, taking a sip of my drink. "What did Luke have to say after I left?" I asked her. It was great to now have someone to spill the details from when I'm not in the room.

"Michael was digging into him pretty hard. He just sat there. He really didn't say anything." She told me, sighing.

"He called me an anorexic bitch, Soph. That's why we were at each other's throats when you walked in." I admitted to her, leaning back in my chair and taking a deep breath. "He thinks I don't eat."

"Is he right?" She asked me, seriousness overtaking her tone.

"I don't know, I just- I'm not a hungry person. I don't even mean to be this way." I said, running my hands through my hair in frustration.

"Okay, we can drop it." She said, seeing how on edge I was. "I just can't believe he would call you that."

"I tried to tell you there was nothing more to it. He just fucking hates me." I told her, finally seeing a hint of realization in her face.

We finished our drinks and headed up to my room to start getting ready. It was already passed 4 and we were meeting in the lobby at 7, and then we still had to walk out to Luke's car. I started with my outfit so I could spend as much time on my hair and makeup as I could. I threw my phone onto my bed and grabbed all my stuff to go into the bathroom.

I slid on the fishnets I bought first, putting a pair of ripped up black jean shorts with a high waist on after. I ended up grabbing a black lace top that had long sleeves, which probably wouldn't keep me that warm but at least it was better than a crop top. I made sure to put a black bra on under it, and I had some black thigh high boots in my closet to go with the whole get up. I barely wore color as is, so getting to wear all black everything was something I at least enjoyed, even if I was slightly uncomfortable with how whore-like the costume looked.

I waited until after my hair and makeup to put on the wings and halo, making my life a little easier. All I really did for my hair was tease it a little after straightening it, so I started my makeup at 6 and took the full hour to do it. I'm not sure how I was able to take up the whole hour, considering I just did a black smoky eye and smudged black eyeshadow down my cheeks. I wanted to look like a mess, that was pretty much the only thing I was going for.

I thought we looked pretty good when we walked out of my room. Sophie's clown costume was sickening, she even asked me to do some fucked up clown makeup for her before I did my own. She looked twisted and evil, and I just looked like a sexy mess. Heels just had a way of making you feel like a bad bitch, and we were living for it.