Chapter 14

Izzy's POV

I found the bathroom immediately, locking the door behind me so I could have a minute of peace. My head was pounding and my heart was racing, and I watched myself in the mirror with disgust. I was a mess, and Luke had left hickeys on my boobs which I tried to cover by repositioned the cut in my sweater. I tried to put my messy hair into a ponytail, only failing when tears started falling uncontrollably.

He knew what he was doing, and I let it happen. My hands were shaking as I wiped away the tears with a piece of toilet paper, not wanting my makeup to run. He didn't try to sleep with me, though, and I knew it was because he thought he could come back again at his own convenience. I was like a toy to him, and he disregarded me until he wanted to play again. But I just let it happen.

I needed to get a grip, so I wiped the last few tears away and made sure I was put together. I walked out of the bathroom and went to find everyone downstairs. Sophie spotted me and stumbled over, grabbing my hands to pull me back with her to the group. She made me a drink and handed it to me, motioning for me to drink up.

"Where have you been?" Michael asked curiously.

"Luke gave me more coke." I said under my breath, taking a sip of my drink as I spoke.

"Well I found more molly if you want it." Sophie said, smiling widely at me. I didn't want it anymore, though. I just wanted to drink and forget about what Luke and I just did.

"I'm just going to drink, actually." I told her, watching her face drop slightly.

"Okay, I'll drink with you then." She said, rubbing my arm lightly before grabbing two shot glasses and filling them with some kind of rum. She slid one over to me and we tapped them on the table before knocking them back.

I was already drunk, but soon I could barely even walk. My mind was clear for the first time tonight, and I danced with Sophie without a care in the world. She turned around when Ashton wrapped his arms around her from behind, making me laugh at how adorable they were together.

I felt two hands grab my hips, pulling me back until I hit this person's chest. I tried to unlatch their hands from me without being completely rude, knowing that this guy didn't know any better. It was only when Ashton turned around and saw me squirming that I heard who it was.

"Casey, get off of her." He ran over to us, grabbing my arms and pulling me out of Casey's grip. I hugged Ashton and turned to see Casey glaring at him. This was the last thing I needed right now, and I was praying that he'd leave us alone and bow out gracefully.

"Back off!" Ashton shouted, giving him a stern look. Sophie grabbed my hand and pulled me away from them, letting Ashton take care of it. She didn't have to be filled in, she knew by our reaction that that was the guy who gave me the bruise weeks before.

"I need air, Soph." I told her as she pulled me through the crowd. The sea of college kids was suffocating me and I just needed to breath. When she opened the back door and I felt the cold air, I let go of her hand and fell back against the outside of the house. I lowered myself, sitting with my knees to my chest as I tried to calm my breathing.

"Izz, it's fine! Ash won't let him near you again!" She said, rushing over to me to kneel in front of me. She grabbed my face so I'd look at her, and I didn't know I was crying until she started wiping the tears with her sleeve.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm fine, don't worry." I rushed, taking over in drying my face.

She sat down right in front of me, putting her hands on my knees as I got myself together. We stayed there for a few minutes, letting the cold air refresh us. Once I wasn't hyperventilating anymore, I knew I needed to find Luke and warn him that Casey was here.