Chapter 26

Izzy's POV

I didn't know what to expect when I got to our fitting, but it definitely wasn't this. When Luke and I walked in it was like sensory overload, chandeliers hanging and marble floors. This was like a rich people clothing store, the walls lined with $1000+ dresses and suit jackets. I picked up a tie from one of the display tables and saw a price tag of $275, putting it down as gently as I could after. I didn't want to touch anything else after that.

I followed closely behind Luke as he walked straight for the guy in the center of the room who was wearing one of these expensive getups. They shook hands, smiling widely at each other like they were excited to see one another. I heard the guy say something along the lines of 'it's been too long'.

"This is Jesse, he's Brett's good friend." Luke turned to me and motioned toward the dapper gentleman in front of us. "This is my girl." He told Jesse and snuck an arm around my waist.

"Izzy." I stretched out my hand and shook Jesse's, smiling shyly at him.

"Nice to meet you. Brett said you needed something for the party?" He asked, turning back to Luke after letting go of my hand.

"Yeah, you know how I am, all black everything." Luke chuckled. Jesse patted his shoulder and laughed with him.

"I remember, don't worry." He told him, looking back to me. "Samantha's going to help you find a dress, that's more her speed." He joked, directing me to follow the woman that was now next to me. We said hi to each other, but I gave Luke a nervous glance.

"She doesn't find anything out about prices." He told Samantha, making her nod. Well, shit.

He smirked at me one last time before disappearing among the displays with Jesse. I followed Samantha to the other end of the store where they kept long dresses. I looked around at everything as it reminded me of when I went prom dress shopping. I wasn't expecting to wear a dress similar to prom, but I guess it made sense if this was all for Brett's boss. It was almost hard to imagine someone above Brett, but he was most likely loaded.

"I already put some aside for you. Luke said you were probably going to want black." She giggled, motioning to the rack of dresses she had chosen for me.

I skimmed through them, thinking about what she had said about black. I honestly wanted to surprise him, maybe venture away from the color of death I always seemed to gravitate to. There was an off-shoulder beaded one on the rack which I loved, so I turned to Samantha and asked if she had it in a different color.

She brought me back a maroon one, exactly the same as the one on the hanger before. I didn't even need to try on more, that was it. It was mermaid fit so I wouldn't feel like a balloon walking around, and the beading all over it stood out just enough to make heads turn, but hopefully not linger. Samantha agreed with me completely, putting all of the ones I didn't try on away. I told her to put a solid colored bag over it so Luke couldn't see it and then slipped my shoes back on to go find where he had run off to.

He was standing on a small raised portion of the floor in front of a ceiling length mirror, adjusting the tie he had on. Jesse had managed to get him in a completely black suit. Everything from the undershirt to the tie was black, but when I looked to his left I saw a bow tie that was the same maroon as my dress.

"Can you try this one?" I asked, startling him as I held out the bow tie. Jesse took it and put it on him, and I couldn't stop the smile that covered my face.

"This what you want?" Luke asked, smirking at me while I checked him out.

"Yeah." I said sweetly.

"Okay, pack all this up." Luke stepped down from the mirror and started unbuttoning the suit coat. He disappeared behind a curtain as I walked to the register to wait for him.