UwU central pt. 3

Kevin would typically enjoy school. Of course he would, he set his schedule up for his personal enjoyment.

Today however, it felt like a drag. He tried to keep himself in the moment, but he couldn't. His mind kept wandering back to the thought of Jacob Bae and their coffee date.

He was looking so forward to it that even his art class seemed way too long. Time wasn't going fast enough.

Now, in his last period of the day, math... he was counting down the seconds until he could meet up with his soulmate.

Why must life torture him so? All he wanted to do was hang out with a literal angel... was that too much to ask for?

Apparently yes, because the more he thought about how slow time seemed to be going, the slower and slower it got. At least, that was how it felt. A second felt like an hour. A minute was a month. An hour was a year.

He felt as though he was aging in his chair, waiting for a good day to pass him by. (A/N: So... I was using the finger slidey keyboard thing right? And the "day" in that paragraph autocorrected to Day6 and I have never loved autocorrect more. Sorry, felt like I'd share... continue reading...)

The clock seemed to be taking its damn time.

Hurry up you cursed thing...

10 minutes left. He hadn't listened to anything the entire lecture. His eyes were fixed on the clock as if he would die if he didn't stare it down.

Every second that ticked away irked a reaction within his brow. He was growing quite impatient.

6 minutes...

His nerves started getting the best of him as he figeted with his fingers anxiously. What if Jacob didn't like it?

4 minutes...

His foot started tapping at an intense pace, panic settling in. Did Jacob think of it as a date?

2 minutes...

He felt a lump start to form in the back of his throat. What does Jacob think of him? How does he feel towards him?

1 minute...

Dear God, was everything going to be okay? Kevin was begging himself not to do anything stupid during their little date thing.

The bell rung.

Shit...

He gathered his belongings in a hurry and rushed out of the classroom, speeding down the halls until he reached the gate of the south entrance.

He put his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath, earning looks from wierded out students that happened to be passing through.

Once his lungs had returned to their normal state, he stood up straight and began to look around. He was fiddling with his bag and keys as he patiently waited.

The nerves were kicking in again. What if he said something offensive or off putting? What would happen then?

He waited for a good 3 minutes, and by then Kevin had thought the worst. It wasn't that he was impatient... it was just that he was anxious as hell.