My Heart Went Oof-

Kevin was screwed. He couldn't stop staring at Jacob during their date and he just knew that the older was all he ever wanted.

When Kevin originally said via text, 'I'd rather call you mine,' it was a joke then. A random bold move to make the other male a little flustered.

But now.... now he wanted to be able to call him his. Longed to have him by his side for as long as he lived.

Soulmate was never a more accurate term to describe his attraction towards him. The pull he feels in his heart is stronger than anything he's ever experienced before.

The poor boy was staring at the ceiling, desperately trying to sleep... but thoughts of the older plagued his mind. Tonight would be a restless one.

Restless because Jacob Bae was perfection. And restless because Kevin Moon was whipped.

He didn't know how to treat these new found emotions that were only becoming stronger as the seconds passed. The more he thought about the older, the more he fell in love.

It was strange and confusing. The feeling was unknown and foreign to Kevin.

Now, it wasn't like he had never had a crush on anyone. No, he had plenty of those. The thing was, Kevin knew he had never been in love.

Liking someone and loving someone is totally different. Sure, the two emotions coexist on the same sort of spectrum, but love is so much stronger.

The emotion was so powerful and potent, the word itself could be dangerous if used improperly. Love, it fucks up your feels and your entire being.

And the fact that there was no other word strong enough to describe what Kevin felt towards Jacob, was terrifying.

He was scared, but for some reason, he was almost... comfortable.

Unconsciously, Kevin had begun attempting to pinpoint the exact moment that he fell Jacob. No matter how much he thought, a specific instance never made itself known.

Yet he knew that somewhere within the blur of these past couple of months that they had been talking, he had fallen deeply in love with the older.

Deciding that it was useless, Kevin gave up on trying to figure out the when. After all, did it actually matter?

His mind kept going back to Jacob's smile. God, that smile. It was precious and beautiful and Kevin felt himself sinking deeper and deeper into the overwhelming emotions. He was now drowning in his admiration for the Toronto boy.

There was absolutely no way that this was healthy.

Grabbing his phone and turning it on, he saw that it was now 3:15 am. Oh yeah, not healthy at all.

He unlocked the phone and without even the slightest of hesitation, he opened up his messages with him and Jacob and scrolled all the way up to the top.

He began silently reading them to himself, all the way from the first message.

A lyric prank. That was how it started. Well, an attempted lyric prank.

Kevin was smiling like an idiot reading all of the vine references and seeing all of the memes. Oh yes, their texts were a grand museum of laughter... and Kevin was living for it.