5

Slater's POV

After the argument with Katelyn Max quickly stands up and goes after her. Of course he has to be the hero.

My mother frowns at me.

"Slater." She says sternly.

"I didn't lie mom. Just because she didn't like what I had to say doesn't mean it wasn't true."

"Slater Green. That girl was just ripped from her family and sent into a home with people she doesn't know. She may be hiding it well but she's scared, and upset, and angry. You should not have yelled at her like you did."

I stand up abruptly knocking my chair over then I quickly storm upstairs and down the hall to my room. I slam the door like a kid and I go over to my bed and sit in the edge. I know my mother is right. I'm just angry too and I'm taking it out on Katelyn.

I sigh and walk down the hallway to her room. When she doesn't answer I slowly open the door.

She's sitting on the edge of her bed moving the food on her plate around with a fork. She looks up and frowns when she sees me.

She has beautiful brown hair with natural lighter brown highlights. She has gorgeous green eyes, and a very nice body...

I snap myself out of my daze and look at her.

"What do you want Slater? To tell me again how stupid my father is?" She asks cooly.

"No.. I-I'm sorry for saying those things. I shouldn't have said that to you." I tell her.

She doesn't say anything.

I walk over and sit about 3 feet's away from her on the bed. "You should eat." I say softly.

"Lost my appetite." She says blandly.

"You worked out for a long time today you need to eat princess."

"Stop acting like you care about me."

I stand up and she looks at me.

"Fine don't eat. I don't care." I go to walk out of the room but she calls out, "stop."

I turn around and look at her. "I'm sorry. We're both just angry and we're taking it out on each other." She says sheepishly. I sigh and sit on the couch. "You seriously need to eat princess." I tell her again.

She smiles. "I'll eat Slater." She picks up a spoonful of mash potatoes and stick it in her mouth.
"Mmm." She hums. "See?" She asks.

"Yeah, I see." I chuckle lowly.

"So I don't know much about you." She says and then takes another bite of food. "What do you want to know?" I ask. "Hmm," she taps her chin thinking, "What's your favorite color?" She asks smiling like she came up with the best question in the world. "Green, kinda like-," your eyes. I stop myself before I say that. "Kinda like..." she says wanting me to finish. "Kinda like.. uhh... grass." I say stupidly. She raises her eyebrows. "Um ok.. mines purple, like lavender." She says.

We spend the next half hour asking questions back and forth. Then she tells me about her twin brother Julian. She also tells me a little about her mom and dad and I apologize again for saying what I said about her father.

"It's ok Slater, just.. don't do it again?" She says it more like a question and I nod, "I won't." I tell her.

Once I see her yawn I pick up her, now, empty plate from her nightstand and she goes to the closet to get ready for bed.

"See you around Slater." She says

"See you around princess." I reply before leaving her room.

(A/N fyi these two charter were short bc I wanted to make Slaters POV a separate chapter. The next chapter is Katelyns POV again. But let me know how you're liking the story and maybe even suggest some ideas. I kinda have a baseline of how I want the story to go but some extra ideas couldn't hurt <3)