32

2 days later

Max and a few guys are getting suited up to go to get Slater from where ever he's being held. I can't help but be extremely nervous but also extremely excited.

Max gives me a big long hug before tell me that he'll get Slater back for me.

"Please be careful." I tell him and he nods before quickly moving his men out and leaving with them.

"They'll be ok." Lauren tells me.

"I just... I can't believe it. I mean he missed pretty much the whole pregnancy but he's finally going to be here." I look down at my, now very large, stomach and whisper, "daddy's going to be here soon buddy."

"Have you thought of names?" Lauren asks.

"I've tried I just.. I want us both to come up with a name." I tell her.

"That's sweet." She says with a smile.

"I'll be right back, I have to pee." I say getting up to go use the bathroom.

_______________________________

Slaters POV

I open my eyes and stare at the same walls I've stared at for 7 months. I wonder every day if Katelyn had the baby yet. I also wonder what she thinks happened to me. I fear the thought of her thinking I left her. When I told her there's no one I'd rather have a kid with I meant it.

Everyday I've fought for her and our baby. I still don't even know the gender. I don't even know how long it'll be until I get to see my son or daughter, or if I ever will.

I hear noises coming from upstairs. There's banging and what sounds like fighting. I struggle to listen though the thick wall. I wish I could get closer but I'm quiet literally chained t a bed.

The noise goes silent and the door to the room I'm in busts open. Zander Hale points a gun at me.

"Looks like the Calvary has finally arrived. Too bad you'll be dead when they find you. It's been real fun torturing you but sadly it's come to an end." He says to me.

"Pull that trigger and I kill you." A voice says behind him.

Zander turns around and I see my younger brother. He had a bulletproof vest on over his suit.

"The younger brother." Hale states.

"Give me Slater and I'll let you live." Max says threateningly.

"I'd rather you watch him die." He tells him.

"Then you'll be dead." Max replies.

"You don't scare me Maxwell Green."

Max loads his gun and aims it right between his eyebrows. "My brother, now." He demands.

"Fine." Zander walks over unchains me. Max quickly rushes over to me as I rub my sore wrists.

I quickly snatch his gun and point it at Zander. "This is for kidnapping me," I shoot his left leg and he yells, "This is for ever mentioning Katelyns name," I shoot his right leg and he cried out, "and this is for making me miss her entire pregnancy with my child." His eyes widen and I shoot him in the chest directly at his heart killing him pretty much instantly.

"Lauren just called." Max tells me.

"Who's Lauren?" I ask.

"My girlfriend but that doesn't matter, Katelyn is going into labor." He tells me and my eyes widen.