33

2 months later

The baby monitor sounds with Callum's cries. I flip the blanket off of me and go down the hall to his nursery.

"Hi baby boy." I whisper going over to his crib. He stops crying and looks up at me with tears in his eyes.

"What's a matter sweet boy?" I ask picking him up. He makes a small noise and I pull him close to my chest.

I rock him until he falls back asleep then I lay him back in his crib. I go over and sit on the lazy boy chair in the corner and close my eyes.

~

The door to the nursery opens and I rub my eyes.

"I didn't know where you were." Slater whispers.

"Sorry I was just too tired to get back to bed." I tell him.

"It's ok my love." He says leaning down and pecking my lips. "I have plans for me and you today so Lauren's going to baby sit." He tells me.

"What are the plans?" I ask curiously.

"It's a surprise princess." He say holding his hand out.

I take it and stand up. I walk over to Callum's crib and see him sleeping peacefully.

"He's so beautiful." I say softly.

"Just like him mom." Slater says kissing my temple.

"And his dad." I reply smiling up at him.

"Go get ready Kate, where a sun dress." He demands softly.

"Are we going to the beach?" I ask even though he said it was a surprise.

"No not the beach. And I'm not saying anything else now go get ready." He tells me.

I pretend to pout and he leans down and kisses my lips.

After that I go to my room and search my closet for a cute sundress.

I pick out a white one that has cute little red flowers.

The dress:

I decide to curl my hair and then I put on the makeup I usually wear

I walk over to my full length mirror that's on my wall in my closet. I rub my hands over my stomach.

The doctor said I could start working out again about a month ago so that's what I've been trying to do. I've lost some of the extra skin but not as much as I'd like.

"You look beautiful." Slater says surprising me.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you princess." He says softly.

"It's ok." I say turning away from the mirror and facing him.

"You ready?" He asks.

"I am." I say giving him a small smile.

He leans down and kisses my lips. "Let's go and say goodbye to Callum and then we can go." He tells me.

"Okay." I say smiling, thinking about my baby boy.

We go down the hall back to baby Callum's room and when we walk in I see Lauren sitting in the lazy boy feeding him his bottle.

"Morning momma and papa." She says when she see's us.

"Good morning Laur." I say opening my arms. She hands me my baby and the bottle and I start feeding him.

"Well we have to get going." Slater says to us and I nod handing Callum and his bottle back to Lauren and kissing his forehead before following Slater out.

-

We drive for about an hour before we finally get to a location.

We pull onto a dirt road and it looks like we're on some kind of farm.

Slater parks the car and jogs around the front rushing to open my door for me. He holds out his hand and I accept it jumping out of the car.

"Where are we?" I ask him and he nods forward.

I look at a sign and see it say 'Sun Flower fields.'

I look beyond the sign and gasp. Behind it is what looks like miles and miles of sun flowers.

"They're gorgeous." I say smiling.

"I hired a professional photographer so we can get some professional picture done of me and you, then maybe we can come back or even go somewhere different and get family picture with Callum." He tells me.

"You're amazing Slater. I love you."

He leans down and kisses me. "I love you too princess."

He takes my hand and we walk through the fields until we get to a sort of opening where there's a bench. The photographer takes a few pictures of me and Slater sitting with each other on the bench in a few different poses then we move to a different spot to take some standing up.

"Pretend like you're reaching up and sniffing the flower." Slater tells me.

I do as he says turning around and standing kind of on my tippy toes.

"Ok now turn around." Slater says.

I turn back around and my eyes go wide and my hands fly to cover my mouth.

"Oh my god!" I cry out.

Slater is in front of me on one knee with a small black felt box opened revealing an extremely shiny and extremely expensive looking ring.

"Katelyn Jones... from the day that I met you I knew that you were different. You've made me so happy and when I was... when I was taken you were my reason to live. I love you so much and you've given my life so much purpose. You've even given me a beautiful son that I will love until my very last breath. Will you make me the happiest and luckiest man on earth and be my wife?"

Tears fill my eyes and I nod quickly. "Yes!" I cry.

He quickly slides the ring onto my left hand. Then he stands and wraps his arms around my waist picking me up and spinning me around. When he stops he presses his lips to mine.
After we break our kiss I feel him smile against my lips.

"I love you Slater." I tell him.

"I love you too Katelyn. So much." He says back.

And I do. And there's no one else I'd rather spend the rest of my life with.