19

Slater's POV

After lunch we go back to shopping. Honestly I thought I was going to be miserable. Shopping with girls is just difficult. But honestly shopping with Katelyn isn't bad. I love just being with her and I'd do anything she wanted to.

We go into another store and I tell the spokes person the same thing I tell all of them. That we're looking for a dress for her for a wedding and the color scheme.

This time it's a guy. He brings out a few dresses for Katelyn and I follow her to the dressing room like I always do. I teasingly try to follow her into the room but she pushes me out and tells me that she'll show me when she has them on. I pout like a puppy and she blows me a kiss before closing the door.

So far 2 out of the 5 dresses have been a no. She goes back in to try on dress number 3 and it takes her a little longer than all the other ones.

"Princess." I lightly knock on the door, "Everything ok?"

A few seconds later she opens the door and my jaw drops. I feel like the cartoon characters when their jaw drops to the floor and they have to pick it back up.

She's wearing a royal blue dress that has kind of a lacy top and a slit on her right leg.

The dress:

"I love it

"I love it." I tell her.

"I do too." She turns looking at herself in the mirror again before looking at me and frowning.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"Slater this is too much." She tells me.

"You need a dress, it's not too much." I tell her.

"No Slater, it's so expensive." She tries to argue.

I go over to her and place my hands on her shoulders. "I promise it's not princess."

The spokesman from earlier comes over and he looks at Katelyn in the dress.

"Wow you look, belle princesse." (Beautiful princess) he says to her.

"Merci." (Thank you) she replies.

Who the hell does he think he is? Does he not see me standing right here?

He nods before walking away.

"Slater if we were in a cartoon steam would be coming out of your ears. What's wrong?" She asks me.