25

Slaters POV

"You need to get your shit together man! You're supposed to be a leader, an example, look at yourself!" Max yells at me.

Before I can say anything he scoffs and leaves the room.

Moments after that I hear his car start and pull out of the driveway. He's probably going to hookup with another girl, but I can't deal with my problems that way. All because my whole mind is occupied by one girl and one girl only.

After drinking another half a bottle I pass out on the couch of my now trashed room. There's food wrappers and clothes everywhere, but I don't care. She's the only thing I care about and she's not here.

I close my eyes and quickly fall asleep, probably thanks to all the alcohol in my system.

~

I'm woken up by the bedroom door opening and a small gasp.

I rub my eyes and she's there.

"Am I dreaming?" I ask out loud.

"It's dirtier than I remember." She says raising her eyebrows.

"Are you really here?" I ask again, out loud.

"I'm here Slater." She says softly.

I get up and cross the room almost tripping a few times.

"Princess." I whisper.

"Hi Slater. You don't look too great." She tells me.

"I've missed you." I tell her.

She place her hand on my cheek before wrapping her arms around my waist and pulling me into a hug.

"I'm missed you too Slater."

The hug ends all too fast. She pushes me away.

"You need to clean yourself up. Go in the shower and I'll clean the bed room." She tells me.

"I'll clean it princess." I tell her.

"Go in the shower." She says more demanding this time.

I nod and go into the bathroom. I take off the gray t-shirt that I've been wearing for the past 2 days since she left. I know it hasn't been long but I missed her so much.

I remove the rest of my clothes and step into the warm water. It runs over my body and it feels so good.

After just standing for like 5 minutes I wash my hair and my body. Then I step out and wrap the towel around my waist.

I step out into the room which is mostly cleaned aside from a few piles.

"Garbage, clothes, and just other stuff." She says pointing at the piles. She looks away from the piles and looks at me and he eyes widen. She quickly turns away.

"I'm going to go get a garbage bag from down stairs for the trash." She says but she doesn't move.

I slowly walk over to her and she turns around to face me.

"I'll get it princess." I say lowly.

"No i-it's fine." She stutters.

"Just put the laundry in the laundry basket in my closet please. I'll go get the bag." I tell her and she nods. She backs up slowly and grab the clothes. I see her scrunch her nose but she doesn't say anything she just picks up the clothes and brings them into the closet.

I go downstairs to the kitchen where Helen, one of our cooks, is.

"Oh Mr. Green, hello. I was just on my way out." She looks down at my towel before looking back up at me.

"Right. Have a good night." I say to her and she nods and leaves.

I grab the bag from under the sink and then I bring it up to the bedroom. I start putting it in the garbage bag when i heat my phone ring. I go to the bathroom and pick it up.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Green. We need you. We brought in a guy tonight. He has to be executed before he's files as missing." West tells me.

"I'm on my way." I tell him before hanging up.

I put on dark jeans and a black t-shirt. I look around for Katelyn but I can't find her. I check her room but she's not there either.

I go to go downstairs but she comes out... of Max's room.

"Slater I was just.. is everything ok?" She asks.

"Yeah I have something to do. I'm not sure how long it'll take." I tell her.

"Can I come?" She asks hopefully.

"No. You can't."

"So I came home for you to just leave? Got it." She says with an attitude.

"It's work Katelyn. I'll be home later." I tell her before walking downstairs and leaving.