21

Slater's POV

I search the entire house until I finally find the key that will unlock her room from the outside.

I quickly go upstairs to her room and unlock the door. I see her laying on the floor by her door fast asleep.

It's now around 8pm. I don't know how long she's been asleep for.

I pick her up and lay her on her bed.

She opens her eyes and looks at me.

"I ruined it didn't I?" She whispers.

"Ruined what?" I ask her.

"My chance. I finally get to see my family all together and I blow up and then leave." A tear rolls down her cheek and I wipe it away.

"What if.. what if I don't see them ever again?" She asks. Her tears start to fall and I pull her into my lap.

"You'll see them princess. Everything's going to be ok." I whisper to her.

"Tell then I love them." She says quietly.

"What?" I ask.

"If you talk to them before I do. Just tell them I love them." She says again.

"The next time I see them you'll be right there with me." I tell her.

"Well if you talk to them on the phone or anything please just tell them. I don't want to wait and then it be to late. I just want them to know I love them." she tells me.

"They do princess. They know you love them and they love you. Are you still up for the wedding tomorrow?" I ask her.

"Yeah I should probably get to sleep." She nuzzles deeper into her pillow.

I kiss her forehead before standing up off her bed.

"You're not going to stay?" She asks as I go to leave.

"Do you want me to?" I ask her.

"Please don't leave me." She pleads.

I quickly go over to her and climb onto the bed and under the covers next to her.

"As long as you want me here, I'm not going anywhere princess." I tell her kissing her forehead.

-

In the morning the alarm goes off and I open my eyes.

I look at my phone and see it reads 7:30 am. I quickly snooze the alarm and close my eyes pulling Katelyn closer to me.

"Mmm." She mumbles.

"Good morning." I say but it's muffled into her hair.

"Five more minutes." She says slapping my arm like it's an alarm clock. I take her arms and hold it.

"Ok princess. Five more minutes." I tell her.

She snuggles into me and I almost tell her that I don't want to go and I just want to lay with her in bed all day, but I don't. I promised my friend that I'd go to their wedding and they 'highly encouraged' that I bring a friend with me.