6

The past few days have gone by pretty quick. I workout every other day and on the days I don't workout I go for a swim after breakfast so I still kinda workout out.

Slater and I haven't talked much since that night, he's been pretty busy on runs and business deals and whatever else he does.

Max showed me the movie room and we watched a few movies over a few days like, The Breakfast Club, Back to The Future 1, and my favorite: The Lion King.

Some days both Max and Slater are out working so I help Ms. Green with her gardening or I read a book or two from the library, which like everything else in this house.. is huge.

I've talked to Julian one more time but I haven't heard from our parents. I assume their busy trying to get us out of whatever mess they've gotten us into so I understand why they haven't contacted me yet. It may also be for safety reasons because I've only been able to talk to Julian off a disposable phone that has to be replaced every time we talk.

Today has been pretty slow. I decided to workout after dinner since I didn't feel like doing it this morning.

I change out of my casual wear into a white nike sports bra and black nike leggings. Then I pin my hair up into a messy pony tail.

I go to the gym and open the door. I immediately hear music playing and realize Slater is in there. He's wearing grey sweatpants and no shirt.

I watch as his muscle contract and release as he lifts weights. His hair is a little damp probably from sweating. I look at his tan muscular back and I have to stop myself from drooling. He is basically a god.

"Like what you see princess?"

I look down trying to hide my, now, pink cheeks.

He chuckles setting down the weights. "You can workout, I don't mind." He tells me.

"Oh I um.. ok." I say quickly. He smirks again before going back to lifting the weights.

I go over to the cabinet and pull out a yoga mat to workout on instead of the hard floor.

I start by doing a few jumping jacks and then a few push-ups. Then I do a 2 minute plank solid for one of the minutes and plank twists for the second. After that I do some curl ups and Russian twists. After those I do 50 squats and then I stretch.

I look up to see Slater watching me. He's now holding a white towel. His tongue darts out and licks his lip. I nervously turn and go to grab my water and realize I forgot it in my room.

"Shit." I curse.

"Here have some of mine."

I turn around and now Slater is much closer than before. He's holding out his water bottle to me. I slowly take it and mumble a thank you. He watches as I gulp down some of his water. I hand it back and thank him again.

"You know princess," he starts lowly, "I wasn't lying about knowing a way to workout your whole body.. just let me know if you want to try it out." He says with a wink.

"In your dreams Slater."

"How'd you know?" He smirks and my face heats up. I quickly look away and walk over to the weight bench trying to ignore his stare which I can definitely feel.

I put 30 on each side since my arms are a little sore. I start with those lift and lower the weight. Slater leans against the wall still watching me. I set the bar on its hooks and stare up at the ceiling.

"If I knew I was going to have an audience I would have charged." I say not looking at him.

"I'd pay as much as you want princess." He replies smoothly. Does he really have an answer for everything? I have to up my game.

After I'm done with the weights I go tot he treadmill. I put the clip on my sports bra. Before I start the treadmill Slater comes over with his water bottle.

"Drink." He demands softly.

I take it and drink the rest of it. "Thanks."

He nods and walks out of the gym. I watch the mirror as he walks away and out the door without another word.

I take out my earbuds and connect them to the treadmill that has a touch screen. I bring up my Spotify and listen to my workout playlist. Then I start the treadmill.

I run for about 4 miles then I take my earbuds out. I jump in surprise when I see Slater using the pull up bar. I didn't even hear him come back in. 

He notices me watches and winks at me. I roll my eyes and try to hide my smile.

I unclip the clip from my sports bra and I grab a towel from the cabinet and wipe my forehead.

Slater stops doing pull ups and walks over towards me.

"I got more water." He tells me handing me the water bottle. I give him a small smile and take the bottle. I drink about a third of it and leave the rest for him. It's a pretty large water bottle but I feel bad making him go get more for me.

He quickly drinks the rest of the water. Then he shakes his head sending sweat everywhere and I squeal and jump back.

"Ew Slater!"

He chuckles. "Sorry princess."

He wipes his face with his towel and while his eyes are covered I take my chance to look at his perfect body. He has a seriously sharp jawline, broad shoulders, defined chest, and godly abs. His arm muscle flex when he moves and his v-line that dips into his sweatpants....

"Wanna go for a swim?" 

I snap my eyes up to his face and he has a totally serious expression in his face.

"Excuse me?" I ask slowly

"Well you're hot and sweaty and so am I and after I workout I usually go in the pool. So.. do you want to go for a swim?" He asks again.

"Oh.. sure. Let me just change real quick and I'll meet you in there." I tell him.

I go to walk out but he steps in front of me and I almost walk into him but luckily I stop myself in time.

"What else did you think I meant princess?" He whispers.

I gulp hoping he can't tell how he makes my body react. Then without a word I step around him and leave the gym.