26

"It's work Katelyn. I'll be home later."

Katelyn. He's only called me that once, when he was mad. I'm back for 5 seconds and he's already mad at me. But I didn't even do anything.

I groan and go back to Max's room. I went there a few moments ago to know what else happened with Slater while I was gone. Max said he yelled at him to get his act straight and then he came and got me.

I knock and he tells me to come in. I open the door and he looks up from his computer to me

"He left." I tell him.

"Where'd he go?" He asks.

"Don't know. He said it was work." I say rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry Kate. It's late though you should just get some sleep. You don't know what time he'll be back or if he'll even be back tonight." He tells me.

I nod and mumble a goodnight before going back to slaters room. I finish putting the garbage in the bag. Luckily there's not much left just some random stuff which I try to pick up.

When I'm done with all that I lay on the bed and pull the covers over me. I forgot how ridiculously comfortable the beds in this house were.

I quickly doze off and fall asleep.

~

I'm woke up by the bedroom door opening. Slater tried to be quiet be he stops and hisses like he's in pain.

"Slater what time is it?" I mumble.

"It's late go back to sleep." He tells me.

I roll over and turn on the lamp on the night stand and it takes a second before my eyes can adjust.

I turn to where slaters standing and I gasp. His shirt's covered in what looks like blood. And there's blood smeared across his arms.

I quickly jump out of bed and go over to him but I don't get too close.

"What the hell happened?" I ask quickly.

"Kate, it's just work stuff don't worry about it." He tells me calmly.

"Why are you mad at me?" I ask with tears filling my eyes.

"I'm not mad at you." He says.

"You only call me Katelyn when you're mad." I tell him.

"I didn't call you Katelyn. I called you Kate."

"Oh." I say as a tear rolls down my cheeks.

He steps forward to give me a hug but I step back. He quickly takes off his shirt and wipes his arms. Then he throws the shirt into the bathroom.

"It's not my blood." He says quietly.

"I don't know if that's better or worse." I tell him honestly.

"I'm going to go shower. Try to go back to sleep ok?" He asks.

I nod and walk over to the bed and sit down.