18

I wake up to Slater rubbing my arms.

I slowly open my eyes.

"Good morning princess. I want to head out early so you can look at all the stores." He says.

I nod and close my eyes not feeling like talking or waking up yet.

He leans down and nuzzles his face into my neck.

"Princesss." He hums.

"Not yet. 5 more minutes." I say sleepily.

"Ok but only five." He says wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close.

A 7 minutes later I feeling him climb out of bed. I open my eyes just as he goes into the bathroom and closes the door.

I groan to myself. I've never been a morning person.

I climb out of his bed and go next door to my room. I immediately go to my bathroom and brush my teeth because I hate morning breath. Then I go to my closet and look through the clothes. I eventually chose a simple romper since it'll be easy to take off for trying dresses on.

I put it on and then I do my hair and my little bit of makeup. There's a knock on my door and I call for them to come in.

Slater walks into my bathroom. He's wearing jeans but no shirt.

"Um Slater.. I think you're going to have to wear a shirt." I tell him.

He comes over to me and wraps his arms around me hugging me from behind.

"I just wanted to say good morning princess, but when I came out of my bathroom you were already gone." He tells me.

I turn around and face him. "Good morning handsome."

He leans down and kisses my lips softly, "Good morning beautiful."

"I like your outfit. Are you ready to shop for dresses?" He asks me.

"Yeah I'm excited. So go put on a shirt and then we can eat and go." I tell him.

"Ok. The drive is a about a half hour to the strip mall." He replies.

I shoo him out to go finish getting ready then I grab the stuff I need and go downstairs to meet him.

The cooks put pancakes and bacon on the table. I sit down and my stomach grumbles.

"Good morning Sweetheart." Ms. Green says kindly.

"Good morning." I say giving her a soft smile.

Slater comes down and sits next to me since Max isn't here.

"Where's Max?" I ask after taking a few bites.

"Oh he stayed out last night." Ms. Green answers simply.

We all know what that probably means. He probably hooked up with some girl and then just stayed with her. I can tell Ms. Green knows that but she obviously doesn't want to think about it. I don't think any of us do.

After breakfast Slater kissing his mom goodbye and I give her a quick hug before following him to the garage.

We get in the red Maserati and he pulls out.

Music plays softly in the background but both of us are silent on the drive, it's a comfortable silence though.

When we get to the mall Slater quickly gets out and comes around to open my door. I thank him and we walk inside.

The strip mall is basically a small inside mall with a bunch of fancy stores. Stores I could never afford.

We go into the first store and Slater stops me.

"They're going to try and talk us into buying everything so just let me do the talking ok?" He asks me.

"Okay." I reply simply.

A spokeswoman comes over to us and smiles. She briefly looks at me before looking at Slater.

"Hi what can I help you with today?" She says acknowledging him but not me.

"We're looking for a dress for my girlfriend for a wedding we will be attending. The theme is white, blue, and gold if we could stick to that color scheme." He tells her.

She looks at me and gives me the fakes smile before saying "okay" and walking off.

She comes back a few minutes later with 3 dresses. Instead of handing them to me she hands them to Slater as if he's the one that's going to try them on.

"I got 3 if they're not the right size then let me know and I can get the dress in the right one." She says still talking to just Slater.

Once she walks away I sigh.

He turns and takes my hand leading me to the dressing rooms. Then he hands me the dresses and I go into the room. Before I can close the door he stops me.

"I'm sorry she acted that way princess. But to me this day is all about you. I want to see each dress on you ok?"

I nod and go to close the door again but he stops me again.

"Hey." He says.

"Yes?" I ask.

"I only have eyes for you princess."

"Ok Slater. I'm going to try these dresses on now." He nods and let's me close the door. After the door closes I can't help but smile.

I try on the first dress which is a white dress, it's nice and I can consider it an option but I think I can find better.

The dress:

I open the door and Slater looks up from the chair he's sitting I right across from my dressing room

"I like it. Do you?" He asks.

"It's nice but it's the first dress and I think we can find something better." I tell him. He nods and I close the door to try on dress #2.

-

A few stores and dresses later we still haven't found the one so we decide to get lunch to take a break. We go to the small food court and I gasp.

"What?" Slater asks sounding concerned.

"They have chik-fil-A." I tell him.

He laughs. "You got that excited for chik-fil-A?"

"Yes! I haven't had it in a long time." I fake pout.

He sighs and takes my hand. "Lets get some chik-fil-A princess." He says leading me over there.