30

A/N: sorry the story is skipping around a lot I just want to skip to the important parts and other details will probably be filled in for the time that passed later in the story when necessary ❤️

2 months later (the gender reveal)

I'm in the back of my parents car driving to the park where we're having the gender reveal. Julian, Max, Elle, Lauren, Ms. Green, and Mr. and Mrs. Miller (the family Julian was staying with) are all already there.

"I'm so excited." I say all jittery.

My mom got the gender of the baby 2 weeks ago and since then her, Lauren, and Elle have been planning this baby shower (with minimal help from the boys but they were mostly keeping me distracted).

I spent a day with just my father last week. We went to the mall and talked and shopped. I missed him a lot and felt like we need to do some catching up, just me and him. Me and my mom have been hanging out every or every other week to go to my doctors appointments for the baby so I've gotten a lot of 1 on 1 time with her.

My father apologized again for what happened to our family but I explained to him that it was ok and everything happens for a reason. And I wouldn't be having a baby if it didn't happen and I couldn't be more excited for my baby boy or girl to come into this world. Although I wish the babies father could be here to experience this all with me.

There's still been no word from Slater and no one knows what happened. Some nights I lay awake wondering if he moved to a different country and changed his name all because I was pregnant. Other nights I fear something really did happen to him. I don't know if he'll ever be back or even get to meet his child but I really hope he does.

"We're here." My mom says pulling into the parking lot.

I open the door and my dad helps me get out.

"Careful Katelyn." He says as I step down.

"I'm ok dad." I laugh.

We walk down a short path to a small opening. I see everyone and they all get excited when they see me. Lauren and Elle hug me and the rest just wave hello.

There's pink and blue balloons and all of my friends and family are wearing the color they think the gender of the baby will be. I wore a pink and blue tye-die shirt that Lauren made me.

"Ok the photographer should be here in a few minutes." Max tells me.

"Thank you Max." I say smiling.

"For what? The girls put this together." He tells me.

"For being here." I tell him.

He frowns.

"He'll be here Kate, soon." He tried to convince me.

"You've been saying that for 3 months since I found out I was pregnant." I tell him.

(A/N: just to clear any confusion she found out she was pregnant when she was already 2 months along and that's when she told Slater and that's when he disappeared. At this point in the story shes 5 months pregnant. Ok back to the story)

"I know. And I still believe that. You even said he was excited when he found out you were pregnant." He says.

"He never said those words, he kept asking questions to make sure I was being for real so... I don't know." I say honestly.

"He might be an ass but he's not heartless Katelyn." He tells me now obviously upset.

"I know that!" I whisper yell. "I love him Max and there's nothing more that I want than for him to be here with me, but he's not. So all we can do is take pictures so we can give them to him when he is here." I tell him and he nods giving me a hug.