o n e

(y/n pov)

"What?" you asked. Ethan grinned at you through the rearview mirror.

"I'm getting married!" Your eyes widened a little as you sat up.

"To- to who?" Ethan smiled at you and you looked at Gray. "When did this happ-happen?" Gray gave you a small smile and turned back to the front as E kept driving.

"My fiancee?" he asked laughing. "I wanted to surprise you!" he said with a grin.

"I'm def-definitely surprised." And just when you'd thought you'd tell him you were in love with him. The odds really couldn't be any further away from your favour as they were now.

"Yeah?" You gave him a small smile. "I had a girlfriend- we kept like really lowkey, man, no one knows now, but like, her family, Gray, 'ma, you- who else?" He thought. "No one really, I wanted to tell you before we announced it." You smiled a little.

"How long have you been dating for?"

"Two years?" he asked, thinking. "Yeah, two-- almost three," he sighed. You nodded. "She's-- she's pregnant, that's why--" Your jaw dropped.

"Pregnant?" He nodded.

"Mhm." He drummed his fingers on the steering wheel. "You missed a lot while you were in college, y/n," he laughed, using your nickname. You gave him a small smile.

Gray caught the sadness in it. He turned to look at you. "You okay?" he asked quietly. E turned around, hearing him.

"Hey--" he began You gave them both a smile. "You look you're gonna throw up, bro," Ethan chuckled, getting ready to pull over.

"Oh no-- no, I'm good-- can you stop at a gas station, though, I have to piss," you whispered. E nodded and Gray kept looking at you.

"Sure-- yeah," E said. You thanked him. "So?" You looked up.

"So?" You asked. He smiled.

"Would you like to--" E paused. "I know you like all that shit, planning, organizing things-- you wanna be our wedding planner?" You almost let tears fall. You forced another smile.

"Sure, E-- congrats." He smiled and began to hum. "I'll give you a hug when we get back home," you whispered.

"Sure," he laughed. "I'm so fucking excited, y/n, I'm so fucking in love with her." You looked into your lap, fiddling with your fingers.

"I could really use that bathroom now, E."

He was quick to pull over at the next gas station and smiled. You nodded and gave him a little smile before getting out of the car. "I'm gonna get a popsicle or somethin' man," Grayson said, getting out too.

"Should I get gas?" Ethan asked, completely clueless. Gray nodded and shut the door, hurrying into the convenience store behind you.

He caught you before you could get to the bathrooms, not having to pee at all. "Y/N," he whispered, pulling you by the shoulder. He turned you around and pulled you into a tight hug.

You sobbed into his chest for a moment, letting it all out. He hugged you tight, in that Grayson way where he held you like he'd never let you go. "Shh," he whispered, rubbing your back.

"Gray-" You choked out, trying to pull away. He pulled you back in.

"I know, I know, it's okay," he whispered, a hand at the back of your head, holding you close to him. You kept crying, not giving a fuck.

When you could finally find words, they were still all choked up and broken. "Thre-e years, Gray, three," you whispered. Gray looked down at you. "I was gone for three years and he-he's getting mar-married." Gray rubbed your back some more. Up and down, up and down.