f o r t y - s e v e n

[this chapter takes place like i dont know a few months later :) like i'd say this is like july/early august xx yes, you're about to hate me hehe]

(y/n pov)

"Yeah," he grumbled. "Where's my tie?"

"How would I know?" He groaned as you shuffled around, pulling your dress over the small bump you had showing.

"Do I look okay?" you asked, a little quiet. He found his tie and began to head to the mirror next to you to do it up. "Gray?" you asked again.

"What?"

"Do I look okay?" He looked at you in the mirror.

"You look fine?" You sighed as you tugged at the sides of your dress.

"I feel like-- like I gained weight or something," you mumbled, poking at your body.

"You look fine."

"It fit fine last week," you mumbled. He turned to you. "I think I'll just wear my other one--"

"I don't have a tie to match that one," he said as you pulled it off your hanger. You looked at him. "Really, y/n?"

"I feel like crap in this one, Grayson." He groaned, shaking his head. You rolled your eyes, changing into the other dress you had as he switched to a black tie.

He sat at the sitting space he'd made in the middle, messing with his phone. "Okay-- is this okay?"

"Yeah-- looks good." You sighed, not believing him. You stared at yourself in the mirror as he slipped his phone away.

"I don't--"

"Y/N, we're going to be late."

You followed him out as you messed with your hair, reaching for your purse before you headed to the door. He held it open for you once you'd slipped your shoes on.

The venue wasn't that far off. You made it there with minimal talking. You spent the ride texting the bride of the day, calming her nerves the best you could.

"Is she good?" Gray asked, hands all over the wheel as he took a left turn.

"She's nervous," you replied. He hummed and you sighed.

You couldn't really pinpoint exactly when things had gone rocky between you and Gray. It had happened so gradually, you'd woken up one morning realizing it'd been days since you'd last hugged him.

You figured it was because of your brief 'honeymoon phase', after discovering you were pregnant. But it was longing on for too long to just be  that

You fought constantly, went hours without talking, and just seemed to be getting on each other's nerves. The moments you made up, it felt as if everything was happening for such a stupid reason, and you'd never fight again, right?

Nope.

And you knew it wasn't good for the baby-- of course, it wasn't. But you didn't think you could do much about it. You never wanted to anger Grayson-- everyone knew his anger was like a ticking time bomb. And though he'd never hurt you, it did scare you to see him red-faced and screaming.

"Hey!" you said with a smile, going over to hug your best friend's fiancé. He chuckled as Gray congratulated him.

"Thanks for coming, man," he said. You nodded and spoke briefly with him. "Well-- Delilah's in the second changing room, I heard-- if you wanna go see her?" You nodded and thanked him.

"I'll go sit," Gray mumbled, pulling out his phone. You hummed and left him to find seats as you headed carefully up the stairs.

"Look at you," you whispered, closing the door behind you. Delilah turned in her seat and grinned.