s e v e n t e e n

(y/n pov)

"You're up already?" Ethan asked, looking up from his phone as Grayson walked out of the hotel room in a towel. Gray ran a hand through his wet hair, pushing it back.

"Yo," Gray mumbled. "Yeah, I-- I worked out."

"Today?" Ethan asked with a laugh. Gray shrugged as he checked his bags for his clothes, his suit resting next to it, courtesy of Ethan. "You're nervous as fuck, huh?"

"I mean, I'm getting married, Ethan; what do you think?" Grayson asked, pulling a tank top on. E fell back onto the bed.

"It's really not that--"

"Yes, it really is, okay?" Ethan frowned at the ceiling. "She doesn't even like me like that, okay? It's a big fucking deal." Ethan sat back up as Grayson did up the buttons of his pants.

"Hey," Ethan began. "It's literally fine-- it's y/n, dude."

"Exactly," Grayson began. "The same y/n that loved the crap out of you." Ethan stared at Grayson as he fixed his collar.

"Bro--"

"You won't get it, man, you just won't, alright?" Ethan's face fell as he looked down. "And I'm glad you don't because it fucking sucks."

"Gray."

"You know-- when you're fiancee likes your brother more than she's ever liked you?" Ethan sighed. "The same woman that doesn't like you half as much as you like her."

"I'm sure y/n likes you, bud," Ethan said gently. Grayson stared at his twin. "She isn't just gonna marry you if--"

"She literally is." Ethan ran a hand through his hair as Grayson dug through his bag for the product he put in his hair. "You have no idea how awkward it is when we're alone--"

"Do you like her?" Ethan asked. Grayson looked at him through the mirror. "Like that- do you y/n like that?" Grayson thought for a moment.

"A little," he admitted. "Kind of, yeah." Ethan stared.

"You kind of like her?"

"Fuck you, man." Ethan shook his head, standing. "I do like her-- she's my friend, and I mean, she's great and she's pretty and everything and, like, I've thought about it, and stuff it's just-- you know, complicated." Ethan shrugged and nodded.

"Yeah, it is."

"Well, whatever, what's happening is happening," he sighed, pulling the coat on after doing up the buttons. "Look fine?" E nodded.

"Just like me." Gray rolled his eyes as he tried to fix his hair again. "It's not that bad-- it could be worse."

"I know but what it is sucks too." Ethan scratched his head. "You need to get ready." Ethan nodded.

"Yeah, yeah, it's barely seven in the morning," Ethan complained. Gray shrugged. "The wedding's at nine, you didn't have to get up so early." Grayson shrugged again.

"She had to be up by five so I wanted to wake her up." Ethan raised an eyebrow. "And then yeah-- I hit the gym down here-- they weren't, like, the machines were creaking? I don't know, I guess people don't really use it, yeah?" E nodded.

"Probably not." Grayson nodded. "Breakfast?"

"We can go down, yeah," Grayson mumbled. "Get ready first." Ethan nodded as Gray sat down to put on socks and slipped on his dress shoes.

"Are you excited, though?" Ethan asked. Gray looked up. "To, like, have her." Gray shrugged.

"I'm excited for her to come to LA, yeah." Ethan nodded, heading into the bathroom. "To not be alone and shit-- and I mean, y/n's cool; she'll be fun to live with, right?" Ethan hummed.