s i x t e e n

AN// hi guys, i just havent thanked you all for 500 followers which is ABSOLUTELY INSANE so thank you sosososososo much for thr love and support and all of that, it means the world to me. i love you all so so much, follow me if you havent, vote and all of that if you'd like and yeah, i just wanted to say thank you <3

(y/n pov)

"You excited?"

You turned to face him as he stood. You smiled a little and nodded. "Yeah."

"Big day," he sighed, stretching his arms. He picked up the garbage from the medicine and took it to the kitchen to throw out.

"Yeah," you said again. He turned back to you and you stared at each other for a moment.

"It's a little scary, I guess, but it'll go well-- it's not like anything can really go wrong, right?" You shrugged.

"I guess not."

"And there's literally nothing at all to be nervous about-- which sounds dumb, I know, but like, literally, it'll be fi--" You cut him short.

"I'm fine, Ethan." His face fell for a moment, eyebrows bunching up as he shook his head.

"I was just trying to help," he mumbled. You stared at each other for a moment before he spoke again. "You know, you're different now." You blinked.

"Different?"

"Look, I know things are weird, but you're so different, and I barely know you--"

"Maybe you just weren't there to see me change," you whispered. "So now that you're here, I'm different-- all of a sud--"

"You literally pushed me away, y/n, I didn't just fucking lea--"

"Can you stop yelling?" you asked, whispering. He walked closer to you. "And I never pushed you away, you left all on your ow--"

"I figured you needed space?" he asked. "I was just trying to let you--"

"Get over you?" You were both silent again, just staring at one another. "You've changed too, E, I hope you know that."

"You just said-- you weren't here to witness the changes," he said. "So it's all of a sudden to you too." You blinked, gulping. He was so close to you it made you wanna cry.

This was not okay. He used to be your best friend. He used to make you so happy. He used to make you the happiest girl in the world. And now?

"I'm sorry," you whispered, taking a step back. "I'm sorry--"

"Don't cry," he whispered. "Hey, y/n--" You shook your head and ran your hands over your face, trying to contain yourself. "I didn't mean to raise my voice."

"No-- no, it's fine, I just--" you shook your head and stopped yourself short. "I'm really fucking sorry."

"You don't have anything to be sorry for," he said, walking back into the kitchen. He poured a glass of water and brought it back to you. "Here." You took it and sipped. "You're just nervous."

"Yeah."

"You don't have to be sorry," he whispered. "Things happened the way they did for a reason, didn't they?" You nodded.

"Mhm." You kept the glass to your lips even though you weren't drinking. He stared at you for a moment. "Drink it before I tip it all over you," he said with a smile.

You laughed a little, pulling the glass away from you. You laughed it out before drinking. "Sorry," you mumbled.

"Stop apologizing." You shrugged. "We're still friends, okay? We always will be. Maybe just-- different." You nodded.