f o u r

(y/n pov)

You sighed to hear the sound of the bell ring as you stalked the croissants on display. You gave e/f a little smile as she walked in.

"Hey!" You nodded, putting them away before holding up a finger. You quickly turned to tell your coworker you were taking your break, after ringing up this customer.

"Hey-- want something before we sit?" you asked. She smiled, nodding.

She read the menu up on the board and ordered two lattes. You made them for her, putting them on the house, and handing them to her before walking around, taking your apron off.

"How's your first day going?" she asked you both sat. You smiled, shrugged.

"The same; I used to work here so I'm just getting back into the swing of things." She nodded. "What's up?"

"Nothing-- I just felt like we should get to know each other!" She had way too much energy. She sipped on her drink and so did you. "So what'd you go study?"

"Uh-- business." She nodded. "Management, social media, things like that-- economics." You smiled. "What do you do?"

"I used to model for a few agencies, but I've stopped when I got pregnant, you know?" You nodded. Of course. "Ever been interested-- I'm sure I can get you into a few--"

"Oh, I don't like cameras," you said with a little smile. She laughed, nodding. You were both quiet for a moment as you played with your coffee cup.

"So, uh--" she cleared her throat. "E told me what happened," she whispered. You looked up and shrugged.

"It's alright." She didn't say anything. "I'm very happy for you both, I really am." She gave you a small smile.

"Thank you." You nodded. "I- are you, you know, jealous of me?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Jealous of the girl that got the guy I like?" you asked with a little smile. She returned it, catching your sarcasm. "It's okay, really, I should've said something sooner." She shrugged.

"It's pretty nerve-wracking." You nodded. "I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for."

"I guess asking you to plan our baby shower was pretty ignorant too, huh?" You smiled.

"You didn't know." She shrugged. You reached and put a hand over hers on the table. "It's okay-- you're really sweet, Ethan deserves someone like you." She smiled.

"Thank you." You nodded. "I just-- if you're up for it, I would really love for you to be a bridesmaid? I wanted to do those fancy invitation things but there isn't enough ti--"

"That's really sweet of you, but I'd really just like to be in the crowd," you said quickly. She nodded. "Thank you, though."

"Oh yeah, for sure-- I was just wondering." You nodded. "So, you're only staying until the wedding's over, right?" You nodded.

"I think so, I've been looking at apartments in my spare time-- all the time." She laughed, nodding. "How's the house you and E building coming along?"

"Pretty good, we didnt want it too big so it should be done by the time we get back from our honeymoon."

"Oh, where are you go-"

"Bora Bora!" she said, excited. You smiled, nodding. You'd always wanted to go. "We're leaving the day after the wedding." You nodded some more.

"That's exciting." She smiled.

"The only reason we're rushing it is because I don't want a bump in all the pictures," she said with a laugh. "And E's not into having a super fancy wedding either as long as we have two pictures and a bunch of memories to look back on." You nodded.