t h i r t y - n i n e

(y/n pov)

"Gray, I'm freezing," you whispered. Grayson sighed, sitting next to you as you curled up into the blanket he'd brought for you.

"I know," he whispered, fixing it over you. "I don't understand because you're burning up," he whispered, hand at your forehead.

"Fuck," you mumbled, rubbing your hands over your sweatshirt sleeves.

"Did you feel like this yesterday too?" he asked. You shook your head and rested your head against his shoulder. He rested his atop yours after kissing your temple.

"Did you make an appointment?" you asked, shaking now. He let out a sigh.

"I have to go somewhere, baby." You looked up. "And they don't have any appointments for today."

"Oh."

"E said he'll take you to the walk-in clinic though, okay?" You looked up at him. He gave you a frown.

"Why can't you come?"

"I have to go to Ryan's to sort out something with this week's podcast." You nodded. "I'm really sorry."

"That's okay." He sighed as you pressed yourself closer to him- he was so warm.

"You wanna go outside?" he asked.

"Have you lost your mind?" He chuckled.

"We can sit by the fire out back, I meant," he whispered. You nodded and he grinned, helping you off of the couch.

"I need the blanket," you mumbled. He grabbed it for you and you wrapped it around yourself as you headed out back.

"You sit, hm?" You nodded, taking a seat as he got the fire going, joining you soon after. He sat next to you and you shuffle closer to him,

He smiled, arm wrapping around you as you pressed yourself into his side. "Thanks," you whispered.

"Of course," he said, kissing your head. He seemed to be doing that every chance he got. You leaned into him. "You're gonna get me sick," he whispered.

"Deal with it," you mumbled. He chuckled, leaning back, taking you with him.

"Then you'll have to take care of me," he whispered.

"I will don't worry." He let you lay against him for a moment in silence. "I'll try not to throw up on you."

"Oh--" he mumbled. "Maybe we should sit up so-"

"Shut up, I don't have to right now." He laughed softly and you reached up to kiss him on the jaw. "I don't have to throw up, that was just this morning," you mumbled.

"It's still morning, darling." You rolled your eyes. "Hey, y/n?" he asked after a while. You looked up, chin on his shoulder.

"Hm?"

"Do you think maybe--" he cleared his throat a little. "You know, with the throwing up and stuff, I don't know, isn't that a--" he paused, thinking you'd get.

"A what?"

"Like-- do you think maybe you're-- you know, maybe you could be pregnant?" he asked. You sat up. "You know from the other ni--"

"I don't think having a fever is a pregnancy symptom, Gray," you whispered. He stared. "I don't-- I don't feel pregnant." He shrugged.

"E/W didn't feel it with Elle- I don't know, I was just thinking," he said. You shrugged.

"I- I don't know," you mumbled, leaning back into him, a small smile on your face. "You think I could be-"

"I don't know!" he said with a chuckle. You smiled, hiding your face in his arm. "Do you want me to-- to get you a test?"