t w e n t y - s e v e n

(y/n pov)

"Did you get a dress?" he asked with a smile as he stirred his coffee. You nodded. "You never showed me," he said with a pout.

You laughed, sitting at the island while you waited for him to make coffee. "It's a surprise-- Elle and I went." He smiled.

"Well, I'll see it tonight?" You nodded. "I have to go in to do some stuff with E, but I'll be back at like five to get ready and we can get going?" You nodded again as he handed you a mug.

"Thank you-- are we going with Ethan and e/w?" He shook his head.

"We'll meet up with them there but we'll drive on our own?" You nodded, taking a sip. "I think I figured out how to make a smoothie bowl-- want some?"

"It's not that hard?" you asked, chin in your palm.

"Yes, it is-- how do you get it to not be so runny?" You sighed.

"You add frozen bananas, Gray." His hands froze as he pulled the blender towards him.

"Oh."

"Oh, Grayson," you laughed. He frowned.

"Well, I'm not a cook, okay?" You smiled, stretching your arms as he pushed the blender back, instead grabbing some bananas to freeze for later.

"Yet, you claim to be." He chuckled and turned, leaning on the counter as he drank his coffee. You raised your eyebrows.

"What are you gonna do today?" he asked. You sighed, thinking. "Any plans?"

"You ask me every day and it's always the same-- nothing." He smiled. "I have some stuff to do for work before tonight-- I was also gonna go clean the side of the basement that-- you know, needs to be cleaned."

"You're gonna clean it?"

"It's a mess, Gray." He shrugged. "It's just your old stuff, right, plus a few of my boxes that I've yet to open up so might as well." He nodded. "And I can put away some of the stuff from that box from last night."

"Yeah, okay-- you need any help?" You smiled.

"I can figure it out." He nodded. "I'll call you if I have any questions." He smiled, nodding again.

"Where--" he paused to clear his throat, "uh, where are you gonna put those pictures from last night?" You smiled, looking down at your coffee.

"The ones of me and you?" He nodded. "I was thinking maybe on the mantel over there?" He smiled over his mug. "Or I can order those picture frames with like multiple slots and we can put them in our room." He nodded.

"Whichever you prefer." You nodded. "Okay, I'm gonna go get dressed to head out." You nodded and he set his coffee on the counter. You eyed it before looking back at your empty mug.

Yout turned to him as he headed up the stairs. "Gr--" He didn't even look back at you as he headed up.

"Yes, you can have it."

---

You were looking through your ninth-grade yearbook when you heard footsteps coming down the stairs. You panicked for a moment. Did Gray forget to lock the door? Were you getting broken into?

But it was just Grayson.

"Y/N?" he yelled. You looked up with a confused smile on your face.

"Hey?" He sighed in response, hand at his chest. You frowned, standing. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, why haven't you answered your phone?" You looked around for it, finding it hidden under the box you were going through. You pulled a face, scrolling through the dozen missed calls he'd left you, and a couple dozen texts asking if you're alright.