s i x

AN// the beginning's absolute trash so just like bare with me because you'll want to read the end :)) i hope you're liking this so far, let me know what you think!!

(y/n pov)

"Oh my god, Grayson," you laughed, pulling your seatbelt on. "That's so unnecessary."

"Y/N, we're driving from New Jersey to Indiana." You shook your head. "This is totally necessary."

"I was so confused when you said we were gonna drive to LA, that would take forever."

"Well, I remembered you said you had stuff to get from your roommate, see look at how nice I am." You smiled as he began to drive, his phone showing directions. "Ready?" You hummed.

It was almost a ten hour drive from New Jersey to Indiana, and you and Gray were leaving at five in the afternoon, giving you enough time to drive halfway there, have a mini little campout, something Gray'd always wanted, and continue your drive in the morning.

From Indiana, you'd be taking a flight to LA, then back to Indiana, then another mini road trip back to New Jersey. You thought it was the dumbest thing Gray'd ever suggested, but he really wanted to, so here you were.

"This is so not good for you," you sighed, reaching into another bag of popcorn. He smiled.

"Who cares?"

"I'm going to be so bloated for the wedding." He laughed.

"You have almost a week to recover," he said with a smile. "How's your dress looking?"

"It's nice, actually- they chose a really nice pink." He nodded. "It's like-- it's just really nice; I like it." He smiled.

"Sounds pretty." You nodded. "It wasn't awkward?"

"It was just me and e/f, so it was okay." He smiled. "In and out of the store." He nodded.

"Well, that's fun." You shrugged. "I bet it looks-- great." You shrugged again.

"I don't know, dude, it looks fine, I guess." He smiled. "I heard your suit's like super boujee?" He laughed.

"Stop," he groaned, dragging the p. You smiled. "Yeah, they're pretty expensive." You nodded. "What, her dress was like three thousand-- four?" You nodded.

"Something like that." You munched on the popcorn and he opened his mouth. You laughed, throwing them into his mouth. "Your mouth isn't big enough."

"What?" he laughed, mouthful. "You just have terrible aim."

"Shut up--"

You laughed, for real, head thrown back. He smiled, shaking his head. "See, look how fun this is." You smiled.

"I didn't say it wasn't going to be fun?" He shrugged.

"How's it going at Maria's?" You shrugged. He stopped in traffic, sighing. "We're gonna be here for a while it seems."

"Oh well." He heard a few honks and shook his head. "It's going okay, I think, it's just like before, I missed it." He smiled.

"You loved it there," he said. You nodded.

"I like making coffee." He smiled. "And the internship thing is-- fantastic."

"Yeah?"

"Not to, you know, burst my own bubble, but-" you paused, "I think they might hire me?" Gray raised his eyebrows, sitting back.

"That's exciting-- do you like it?" You nodded.

"It's interesting, and not much work?" He nodded. "All I do is post on their socials and write captions, edit their pictures-- light work." He laughed.