t h i r t y - t h r e e

AN// hi guys! i just wanted to thank everyone who participated in my little coffee survey thing :) ive got all of my data and have started writing it and im actually a little over half done my essay so thank you sososo much <3

(y/n pov)

"Is it coming?"

"It's late," he grumbled. You sighed. "How-- why, why this one time--"

"Oh, man." He frowned at you. "We'll get her chocolate or something, let her know it's a little late."

"Come on, the one day." He fell back onto the bed. You crossed your arms.

"When'd you order it?" He thought and shrugged. "Did you do it the day I told you to?"

"A few days aft--" You shook your head, walking to your bathroom to get your hair brush.

"No wonder."

"It was supposed to come by today," Gray said, standing. You shook your head, taking a seat at your vanity.

"By today, or after today?" He didn't say anything and you sighed. "This is why--"

"They always deliver on time, y/n, I just assumed--"

"I told you I'd do it; you should've just let me do it." He stared at you through your vanity mirror and you avoided eye contact as you brushed out your hair. "It's fine, Gray, I have some of that vegan chocolate you got the other day-- that'll have to do."

"You're acting as if this is my fault," he said with a frown.

"I don't see how it isn't." He stared at you before heading to your room door. "It's in the first cupboard beside the fridge.

He headed down without a word, and had it in a small gift bag ready to go as you headed down. "She's gonna be so fucking disappointed," he mumbled.

"Yeah." You slipped your shoes on as he turned to you, hand on the doorknob.

"What if we take her out?" he suggested. You raised an eyebrow.

"Out?" He nodded.

"Like to the store, she can get whatever she wants since the present's late." You shrugged.

"Sure." He nodded and you began to walk to Ethan's in complete silence.

Though the frowns on your face vanished the second Ethan opened the door with the birthday girl on his hip. "Look who it is, princess."

"Elle!" you and Grayson cooed at the same time. She giggled, reaching to Grayson who handed you the gift bag and took her.

"Happy birthday, Elle," he said with a smile, pressing a kiss to his niece's cheek. She giggled as his stubble scratched her. "How's your morning been?"

"Uncle Gray!" she called out. He chuckled as you both headed into the house.

"Happy birthday, Elle," you said with a smile when it was your turn to hug her. "How old are you now, angel?" She held up her fingers.

"Two!" You smiled and squeezed her before putting her down. Gray handed her the bag and she set it on the floor before sticking her hand in. "Yum," she said, pulling out her present.

"We have another present, but it's a little late, okay?" you asked, crouching in front of her. She stared at you, holding a chocolate bar in her hands. She turned and handed it to her dad.

"Later, princess, we don't eat chocolate for lunch." She frowned.

"Present?" she asked. Gray picked her up.