t w e n t y - f o u r

(y/n pov)

"Y/N?" You turned to the sound of your name and smiled as someone approached you. "You're Grayson's wife, right?" You nodded.

"Yeah, what's your name?" The girl grinned.

"I'm Beth!" She looked thirteen or so. You smiled, looking around as your hands stayed on the cart. "Are you here with Grayson?" You nodded.

"Yeah, he should be around here somewhere-- are you a fan?" She nodded.

"Huge-- I'm freaking out, will you guys take a picture with me?" You tilted your head.

"Me too?" She nodded. This was a first. "Sure, yeah, he'll make his way back here in a bit if you don't mind waiting." She nodded eagerly.

"How was your wedding?" she asked. You smiled. "I haven't been listening to the podcasts yet because I'm busy with school-- did he talk about it?"

"Oh, maybe, I'm not too sure," you said honestly. "But the wedding was lovely, thank you for asking." She smiled.

"Were you excited-- I saw the pictures on his Instagram; you looked really pretty." You smiled again.

"Thank you, that really sweet of you." She beamed.

"So, do you guys know when you'll have kids?" Your face fell a little. "Gray wants to be a dad so bad-- I heard about Ethan's daughter! Are you planning for kids too?" Your mouth opened a little, but thankfully, the man himself joined you at the right time.

"Y/N?" he asked. Beth almost shrieked as he walked up behind you, a cantaloupe in his arm. He stared at her, a little confused. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I was just talking to Beth here." Her eyes widened as she stared at Grayson, for the first time in person it seemed. He smiled.

"Hey, Beth, did you want a picture?" She nodded eagerly, at a loss for words as she handed him her phone. You took a picture together and her hands shook as she tried to get her words out to him.

"I'm-- I'm a really big fan and I love you so much and you guys have hel-helped me through a lot and I appreciate all of your videos and stuff and your fragrances make me so happy-- I'm wearing one right now and I just love you--"

"Awh," Gray cooed, pulling her in for a hug. You smiled. "Me and E love you too." She grinned, the happiest in the world as of right now, it seemed.

"I-- I hope you both are doing well," she said. Gray nodded and told her they were. "I'll-- um-- thank you for the picture, I'm so glad I met you," she said, voice wavering. You waved.

"It was so fun meeting you too, Beth," Gray said. She waved and walked away, still smiling wide. You grinned at Grayson. "She was cute."

"Yeah," you agreed. You carried on with grocery shopping together for the week. This was a first, despite having been together for a few months now. But the last few times he'd gone, he'd forgotten a bunch of things, perhaps on purpose, and had now managed to get you to go with him. 

You rarely left the house, Gray doing all the shopping and stuff on the way home from work. Or you'd just order your groceries to your door. And everything else as well. Needless to say, Amazon was your best friend.

On the rare occasion you did have to leave the house, it seemed as if the odds just made you run into someone you knew. Congratulating you for getting married, teasing you for getting to marry a Dolan, and asking if you were gonna be a mother any time soon became common and made you way too uncomfortable. You and Grayson hadn't even kissed after your wedding day-- let alone make a baby.