t w e l v e

(y/n pov)

You took a sip of your drink before setting it back down, legs outstretched in front of you. You tied yet another bow on a bouquet and shook your head, tossing it to the side. You answered your phone not bothering to check who it was.

"Hello?"

"Hey, how's it going?" You sighed into the phone, taking a sip of your coffee before replying.

"Terrible, Gray." He chuckled on his end. "So many flowers; only one y/n." He laughed some more and you smiled, setting it on speaker before putting the phone down.

You continued tying them together in nice little bouquets for the flower girls to hold. "You need help?"

"Lisa's out of town, remember-- at a friend's." You messed up the bow and groaned, trying to retie it. "And my parents aren't here-- and remember that one friend that was supposed to help me? She's on some trip with a bunch of other girls." You could practically hear him smiling. "Stop."

"Well, what if I told you," he paused and you heard his flicker go off. He was driving. "I'm pulling up in front of your building right now." Your eyes widened.

"Wait--" you scurried over to check the window, and there he was, parking at a visitor's parking space. "Oh man, you gave me no warning, Gray-- I thought you weren't coming 'till Saturday!"

"Well, surprise." You sighed, rubbing your forehead. You watched him get out of the truck, phone at his ear. You looked back. Your apartment was relatively clean.

"Well, get up, then," you said with a sigh. "You can help me." He chuckled and you ended the call.

You threw away a few stray chip bags and straightened out your couch, just as there was a knock on your door. You got it and greeted him with a smile. "Hey."

"Hi," he replied, going in for a hug. You hugged him back and he walked into your apartment as you locked the door. "Woah, these are better than in the pictures," he said, looking around at the fake flowers.

"They were supposed to come tied," you complained, dropping back into your spot on the ground. He chuckled and stretched. "So, how was the flight?"

"Fine," he sighed, heading to your fridge. He grabbed a Gatorade and headed to your couch, you snipped off another piece of ribbon. "I've been spending so much on flights, going back and forth."

"Well, you can't exactly drive." He nodded, drinking. He sat the bottle down and slid onto the floor. "So three pink ones, two white," you said. He grabbed the flowers and you watched him tie the ribbon around it. "Gray."

"What?"

"Do you not know how to knot a bow?" He frowned, looking at your others. "Grayson."

"Oh."

"Like this," you sighed, showing him. He frowned, watching you do it a few times. His was a little lopsided, one loop bigger than the other, but you found it kind of cute. "Okay, yeah."

"It's so much easier on shoes," he mumbled, grabbing more flowers. "This is dumb, you do it so much better." You smiled.

"It's fine, no one's gonna care." He shrugged. "So you dropped your things off at Lisa's?" He shook his head.

"I only decided to come this morning and she's already gone-- no key, so I grabbed the truck from the driveway and came here." You frowned. "I took an uber there, don't worry; my suitcase's in the truck. I'm getting a hotel for toni--"

"What?" He shrugged. "You can just," you paused, "stay here." He looked up.

"Oh, well," he shrugged again. "I mean, isn't that-- like, I don't know."