f o r t y - f o u r

AN// updates are definitley gonna be slower because of school :/ i love you guys but im sorry

(third person pov)

"I told you," he mumbled, rolling onto his side. "This is your fault."

"Let's check your temperature," you sighed, pressing a hand against his forehead before getting up.

He wasn't bearing a fever, but he was definitely higher than normal. You sighed as you sat by him, a hand running through his hair as he stared at you. "You look pretty," he said, voice hoarse. You smiled.

"I just woke up." He smiled that broke out into a cough. He covered his mouth with the inside of his elbow and turned to his back, body stretching out on the bed. "Should I make you breakfast, my love?"

"Your love," he grumbled. "I'm your love."

"Yes you are," you said with a smile. He stared at you as you got up. "Okay, I'll come back with some toast, okay?" He nodded.

"Thank you."

You made him some toast, smearing a little butter on it for him before you brought it up with some water. You sighed to see him curled up in the sheets, facing away from you. "Gray?"

"Hm?" he turned and you smiled.

"You cold?" He shrugged. "I'll get you a shirt," you sighed, setting his plate on his nightstand as you walked away. You felt a headache start to form as you brought him back a long sleeve.

He took it from you and slipped it on. You sighed as he sat up, a hand on his head. "I feel like fucking shit."

"Oh, man," you sighed, a hand on his knee. You ran your finger over his tattoos. "I'm sorry I got you sick." He smiled, biting into his toast.

"That's okay, babe." You smiled. "Then I'm gonna get you sick and then you'll get me sick-- it's a never-ending cycle."

"I guess that's what marriage is." He held out his toast and you shook your head. "Okay-- you're not going to work today." He smiled.

"Fuck yeah."

"We're gonna have to cancel babysitting Elle today too," you said, reaching over his lap for your phone. "Can't have her getting sick too."

"Do we have yogurt?" he asked you texted e/w, wiping his chin of crumbs.

"Mhm, you want?"

"Please." You smiled as you stood. He raised his arm and you leaned down to kiss him on the head. "Do you feel sick?" You shook your head.

"Just a little headache." He sighed as you headed to the door. "Which one?"

"Peach?"

You brought him back a container of vegan peach yogurt with a spoon. He threw his phone down the bed as you handed the yogurt to him, spoon on top. He grinned.

"Gray."

"Feed it to me." You rolled your eyes as you ripped the top packaging off. "Yay."

"Are you incapable of eating yogurt?" He shrugged as you stirred. You wiped the bottom of the spoon on the side of the cup to avoid it dripping and held it to his mouth. "I feel like I'm feeding a child."

He wiped at the corner of his mouth as he swallowed. "Did you eat?" You shook your head as you held the spoon to his mouth.

"I made coffee and left it downstairs." He frowned as you held the spoon up, waiting for him to swallow. "Hurry up, Gray."

"Be patient with me, I'm sick." You rolled your eyes as he chuckled. "We can go downstairs."

"I'll go get it once I'm done with this." He wiped at his mouth and sat up straighter. You raised an eyebrow.