e l e v e n

(y/n pov)

Wedding preparations began.

You called your parents the day after, telling them you had in fact decided to go through with your marriage to Gray. They didn't care too much; they were just happy you were finally settling down with someone. And besides, they knew the Dolan family well-- there was nothing to worry about.

Gray got you a ring. Sure there was no proposal or anything grand like you'd dreamed, but the ring was beautiful. You slipped the engagement ring onto your finger every morning, though there was no sentimental value to it yet, for you.

You and Gray didn't care how the wedding went. It was whatever to you, just as it was to Gray. His dreams had already been, pretty crushed, you could say. He wasn't marrying a girl he'd dated for years prior, nor was he getting married to her after months of looking forward to it.

It was simply happening.

And it wasn't as if he didn't want to marry you-- he did. Since the day Lisa had even suggested to him, Gray found himself thinking more and more about you, in that light. You'd become a little crush to him. But when he moved back to LA, he'd forgotten about it and anything that had started had disappeared.

Sure he got little butterflies whenever you texted or facetimed him first, but he didn't think it was a big deal. He was just your best friend after all. Never in a million years, would thirteen-year-old Grayson or Y/N have thought they'd marry each other.

But here you were, Gray getting tailored for his suit, you trying on dress after dress.

It was all happening so fast.

Definitely not as fast as E's wedding had happened. You'd given yourselves a little over a month until your special day. But things moved quickly.

The day after it'd been agreed upon, you'd met with Gray at the coffee shop you used to work at to talk things over. The timeline had been figured out, and it was up to your parents to help you find venues, make invitations, book everything.

Telling the media wasn't so hard. You'd already been spotted with the twins a number of times in the past. There'd been an ongoing rumour for years now that you and Gray were a thing, or you and E, despite you not even being an internet personality.

You were just known as the Dolan Twins' best friend.

And so when Gray just simply tweeted that he was getting married to you, the internet went wild, no questions asked.

Fans speculated you'd been dating for years, and he'd only now asked you to marry him. Some thought you were pregnant, and were getting married for the same reasons as Ethan and e/w had. But they were all false.

You were getting married because you both had no one else to marry.

Of course, that wasn't disclosed. At all. Gray left it to the media to make their assumptions. No one had to know that you weren't actually in love. That was most literally a personal problem.

"This one," your mother whispered. You looked down at it. She was right.

It felt perfect-- sure a few adjustments were needed. It was a little too long, the trail. That needed to be trimmed, and the neckline was just a little too loose as well. But besides that? It was perfect. It even made you tear up-- and you weren't even excited for your big day.

"You look beautiful, sweetheart," your mom whispered. You gave her a little smile. E/W came up to straighten out the back of your dress, Elle on her hip.

"Wow, this is--- Gray's gonna lose his shit," she said with a smile. You gave her a little hug and Elle squeezed your cheek. "You like it?" E/W asked her daughter. She nodded.