t h i r t e e n

AN// okay first of all i wanted to say that i have almost no idea how white weddings work, im just going off of a general tangent because ive spent my life going to brown weddings which are VERY different. so yeah. second im going to school after six months today and im so not excited :D i love you all, i hope you have a wonderful day today, wherever you are <3

(y/n pov)

"Just a little tightening around the waist and we should be good?" the tailor asked. You nodded, pulling it up your chest. You looked at the dress and turned, looking back at yourself in the mirror.

"And what about the jewellery?" your mother asked. You smiled.

"I'm gonna wear-- uh, that pearl necklace he gave me for my last birthday." She smiled and nodded. You hoped to surprise him with it, make him a little happy maybe? This whole wedding was making things awkward between you both, and you didn't want to lose your best friend because of it-- soon-to-be husband.

"That should look pretty," Lisa said with a nod. You smiled again.

"Full pearl?" the seamstress asked. You shook your head. "Is it gold; be careful-- gold might clash with the white of the dress."

"No, it's just a little silver," you said. She nodded. "The earrings are silver too."

"Wouldn't pearl earrings look better?" You shrugged as she pinned some of the dress back to see.

"I don't have pearl earrings, I don't think--"

"Real pearl?" the seamstress asked, eyebrows raised. You blushed a little and nodded. "From?"

"Tiffany, I believe." She whistled a little and you blushed harder.

"That man must really love you." You shrugged and she laughed. "How long you known him?" You thought.

"Since we were four." Her eyes widened. "Yeah," you sighed.

"High school sweethearts?" You shook your head, already uncomfortable. "Even earlier, or--"

"She's actually got cake testing after this," Lisa said, quickly. You smiled thankfully.

"Yeah--"

"What were you thinking for that?" she was just finishing up her measurements. You sighed in thought. "Cheesecake is what I'd recommend."

"Oh, he's actually vegan," you said with a smile. "I really just wanted something basic, you know, like-- birthday cake, like the confetti kind," you said with a little laugh. "It's my favourite."

"This is your wedding!" your mom exclaimed. "Get confetti cake some other time-- do something special for this one." You smiled.

"I don't know, Gray seemed pretty on board with it," you said. "That or chocolate-- so really, cake testing isn't needed." Everyone laughed and you made your way to the dressing room, to get out of your dress.

You took it off, redressing in your casual outfit of jeans, and headed back out, dress over your arm. "Thank you," the seamstress, Sybil, said, taking it. You smiled and stretched your arms before walking back to your mother.

"Thank you," you said back. She smiled and you headed out of the building with your mother and Lisa.

"Headed off straight to the bakery?" your mom asked. You shook your head.

"Gray's at my place so he said to go back and we'd head there together." Lisa smiled and you hugged them both before heading to your car.

You met up with Gray back at your apartment and you left right away, to head to the bakery. It was one you and Gray had loved since you were little, having always been around. When you knew they had wedding cakes, and that you could order one and have it ready in a few weeks, you were both more than glad to order from there.