s i x t y - t w o

(y/n pov)

You sighed as you crossed a knee over the other, pulling your pencil skirt over it before you clasped your hands together.

This meeting was so boring. You looked up at the presenter and sighed, checking the time on your phone. You still had a few hours to go before you could get home back to Gray. You thought about texting him but figured it would be rude to do that during the meeting.

And so you excused yourself to use the washroom.

It took you a while to find the bathroom around the hotel your meeting was being held at. But once navigating to the main desk, you managed to ask them to direct you to where you needed to be.

The bathroom was quite luxurious and it made you smile, the way it was lit up. You headed for a stall while turning your phone on, just in time to see a message come through. You rolled your eyes, standing in the stall, locking it.

It was your period tracker, letting you know you were late. You'd already gotten the message earlier in the morning and had swiped it out. But here it was again. And it was only when you went to get rid of it, it hit you.

You messed with the app once you'd done your business were washing your hands when you'd made the decision in your head.

You'd have to go to a store during lunch and get yourself a pregnancy test.

And then it was like high school all over again. Sitting in the meeting room and staring between the clock and the time on your phone as if one would move faster than the other. But it still took another hour for the meeting to wrap up, a meeting you probably should've paid attention to.

"One, we'll return at one?" your boss asked. Everyone nodded along with you and you'd never been in such a hurry to get out of a building.

It was only once you'd left that you'd realized that you'd never been around the city and had no idea where the nearest convenience store or Target or Walmart would be. You sighed, heading to your car. You messed around on your phone before deciding to head to the gas station nearby to get gas and see if they had tests there.

You pumped gas before heading in, looking a little odd in your outfit from the meeting and heels. You looked around but had no luck in pregnancy tests. So once you paid for your gas you asked the cashier if there was a target around somewhere.

"Well, the nearest Target's almost forty-five minutes away." You sighed. "And Walmart might be a little further-- if you still want directions?" You shook your head.

"No, it'll be okay," you told him, taking your receipt. You thanked him and headed out back to your car. Sitting down you sighed.

You'd have to wait 'till you got home to Gray to see. And if you weren't pregnant, you'd disappoint him by getting his hopes up.

You drove to the plaza across from the gas station to get yourself a brownie and coffee as a makeshift lunch. You weren't in the mood for a full meal and you stared longingly at your phone as you waited for Gray to call you.

And when he didn't-- you called him.

"He-- hey," you heard him cough on the other end.

"Hey, Gray," you sighed, a knee crossed over the other as you sat at the booth by yourself. "Whatcha doing?"

"I'm with e/w," he said. You hummed. "We're at the store."

"Ooh la la, what are we buying?" He cleared his throat again and you frowned.

"Like-- clothes for the baby," he said. You nodded and let out a sigh, picking apart your brownie. "How's your meeting going?"

"It's lunch," you said, watching a pregnant woman walk into the coffee shop with her husband. It made you smile. That'll be you in a few-- no, stop it, you don't know yet.