f o r t y

(y/n pov)

"Hey," Gray said, opening the front door for you. You pressed yourself to him all over again and he chuckled as he waved bye to E, who was just now pulling out of the driveway. "What'd they give you?" he asked as he shut the front door behind you.

"Antibiotics," you mumbled. He pulled away from the hug and Gray looked down.

"'S that E's?" he asked, after some time. You looked down.

"Oh no, I forgot to give it back," you mumbled, taking the jacket off. Gray's face fell a little.

"It's his?" he asked again.

"Yeah, I was cold so he lent it to me," you said with a frown, setting it on the couch to wash and return later. Gray swallowed and nodded.

"When do you take the medicine?" he asked, taking the bag from you, along with your soup. You stretched your arms a bit before retracting them back into the sleeves of Gray's sweatshirt.

"In the morning or at night with food," you mumbled, crawling back into the couch with the blanket you'd been using earlier. You heard Gray in the kitchen, pouring the soup out of its container and into a bowl for you. He brought it to you, along with a spoon. "Thank you, Gray."

"Mhm."

He walked away again and you ate silently as he cleaned up his little mess of soup in the kitchen. "Come sit with me?" you asked. He looked back. You gave him a small smile.

"I think I'll go workout, actually," he said. Your face fell a little. "I didn't get to this morning."

"Oh." He gave you a small smile and threw up a peace sign. You watched as he headed down the hallway with his water bottle.

You sat alone on the couch and had your soup in silence, looking up at your wedding pictures hung on the wall every so often. Phone in hand, you texted back and forth with a friend that was coming to LA soon to see you before finishing up your lunch.

You wrapped the blanket around you before taking your bowl to the sink, rinsing it out. You smiled to see his protein bar laying on the counter, that he'd forgotten to take down. You grabbed it, heading down with it.

You walked slow, starting to feel light headed again. You knew it was much colder down there, too, yet you continued taking it a step at a time.

"Y/N?" you heard. You put a hand to your head as you paused on the third last step, starting to feel dizzy. "It's colder down here, go back u--"

And he was just coming into view as you tipped forward.

He stepped into place, catching you. "Woah--" he mumbled. "Hey, y/n, what the fu--" you let your face fall against his neck as he helped you up straight. "Hey, what happened?" he asked softly, holding you gently.

"I don't know, I feel really dizzy," you whispered. He sighed.

"Why'd you come down-- you could've called me?" You shrugged.

"I was fine upstairs," you mumbled, stepping away from him. He held onto your hand and looked down. You looked down too. "Yeah, I was bringing you your pro--"

"Y/N," he sighed. You gave him a smile. "Maybe you need to take a nap and sleep or something," he whispered, taking your hand as he headed up the first step. You shook your head.

"I think I'll fall again," you whispered. "I feel faint."

"You ate, right?" You nodded. As you leaned against the wall with your blanket still wrapped around your shoulders. He smiled. "You just want me to carry you." You looked up at him.