f o r t y - n i n e

an// im officially on winter break! this means i can promise you all a few double uploads in the next two weeks :D maybe friday since its my favourite say of the year? hehe

(y/n pov)

"Hey?" Gray didn't even look up. "Are you coming to bed?"

"I'm busy." You watched him for a moment, leaning against the doorframe. "Go to sleep."

"I will," you whispered. "It's getting late."

"Doctor said you need more sleep, y/n." You sighed.

"You need sleep too."

"I'm not pregnant." You ran a hand through your hair, playing with the ends of it. "Are you incapable of sleeping without me there?"

"Gray--"

"I have a lot to do, y/n."

You shook your head and turned away, heading out of his office and up the stairs. On the verge of tears, you sat on his side of the bed, wiping at your face.

You were in such a terrible place of mind.

You paced around the room, waving your hands in front of your eyes as if that would stop your tears from falling.

"I'm literally fine," you whispered to yourself. What were you even crying over? Him not coming to bed?

Maybe it was just the tone he used with you.

You sat by the window for a bit, where you'd left your laptop. Doing a few things for work, you stared out the window. It was almost eleven, and the moon looked so nice.

The streetlights looked so nice too. The nighttime was so romantic. Everything was better in the dark under the stars and streetlights with the sound of crickets.

Especially walks.

You squinted and, yup, that was e/w and Ethan, Elle on his hip. You sighed and watched as they walked hand in hand, Elle asleep on her dad's shoulder while E/W walked with a hand on her bump, much larger than yours.

You looked down at your own little bean, locked within you. You teared up all over again to look back at them, almost at the end of the street.

You wished you could be like that, with Gray, so in love. But instead, everything was one big mess.

It wasn't until you were in bed, three-fourths through your book that Gray came in, unbuttoning the shirt he still hadn't changed out of from hours ago. You looked up.

"You're still up." You hummed and flipped the page, not bothering to respond. "It's almost two in the--"

"I'll sleep when I want to." He sighed, shaking his head as he headed to the bathroom. You frowned to hear the shower turn on and rolled your eyes as it turned off a few minutes later.

He was showering at two in the morning and was telling you to go to sleep?

He came back to bed in his shorts, tapping away at his phone before setting it down to charge. You flipped another page, even though you weren't really reading, as he sat down next to you.

"You should sleep," he whispered. You nodded.

"I will."

He was quiet for a moment while you pretended to let your eyes wander over the page. You wondered if it was believable to flip yet another page. You waited another few seconds.

"Hey," he whispered. You hummed. "Our one year's comin' up." Your eyebrows raised for a second.

You were surprised he even remembered.