f i v e

(y/n pov)

"This one, this is it," Gray said, walking in. You slapped his arm. "I love it, it--"

"Gray the walls are peel--"

"Y/N, this the place-- I love it."

"Grayson," you sighed with a smile. He chuckled and you rolled your eyes. "Let's go?"

"Yeah, talk about false advertising." You smiled and he led you back out of the apartment unit, now clear why no one was there for the open house anyway. "We're never gonna get somewhere at this rate," he groaned, hitting the ground floor button in the elevator.

"It's okay-- I'm sure Lisa'll let me stay for a little longer." He grinned.

"Of course." You smiled. "You sure you're not heading home?" You sighed.

"Things are not so good there." He frowned.

"What?"

"They don't like-- the whole internship thing." His eyebrows furrowed up.

"But it's good for you?" You shrugged. "Come on."

"I know." You sighed. "They said when I said I wanted to study what I did, I'd get like a, you know, office job type thing-- then the coffeehouse and all-- yeah, doesn't make it better." Gray nodded.

"Oh well." You shrugged. "Well, stay with us for however long, and if mom kicks you out, you can sleep in my tool shed." You laughed.

"Wow, thanks." He shook his head and let you exit the elevator before him, hand by the door to make sure it didnt close on you. "Where to now?" you asked.

"Home?" You nodded. "They've gone cake testing."

"Yeah?" Gray nodded. "Fuck, it's literally-- in what, two weeks?" He nodded again.

"Way too fast, I think they should've waited 'till after the baby." You shrugged as he shut the passenger side door for you.

He got into his side. "I guess it's their choice, huh?" He nodded.

"Guess so." He began driving and you sat in silence for a moment. You sent off a few texts and sat back. "Hey!" he exclaimed, after quite a bit of time.

"Hello."

"You want to come check out my place?" You raised an eyebrow. "Let's go over the weekend?"

"All the way to LA?" He nodded. "Wait-- so you and E sold the house you'd bought a few years ago?" He nodded again.

"Yeah-- I didn't tell you?" You shook your head. "I sold it to build these two."

"I heard yours is a lot bigger than Ethan's?" He rolled his eyes.

"Where am I gonna keep my ten kids?" You laughed, shaking your head. "Hm." He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Is it being built right now?" you asked. He shook his head.

"E's is; mine's not being worked on 'till his is done." You nodded. "They're the same guys and he's moving in first, so." You nodded some more.

"Makes sense."

"And I want to help out," he said with a grin. You rolled your eyes and he let out a sigh.

"Of course you do." He pulled up into Lisa's driveway with a frown, shoulders dropping with yet another sigh. "What's up?"

"I don't know," he grumbled, turning the car off but making no move to get up.

"Is everything okay?" 

"It feels wrong talking to you about this-- or like, since-- I don't know," he sighed.