f i f t y - o n e

(y/n pov)

"You forgot again," you mumbled, making space in your suitcase for his swim trunks. He shut his suitcase.

"I have a lot of clothes, sweetheart," he mumbled, sitting on his suitcase. You looked at him.

"You're gonna break it."

"Are you calling me fat?" You rolled your eyes as he kissed your head once he stood. "Our flight's in three hours."

"Should we get going?" He smiled.

"Let's eat breakfast maybe?" You nodded. "You forgot, didn't you?"

"I'm just excited to get out of California." He chuckled and carried a suitcase down with him as you headed down the stairs. "What should I make?"

"Let's just have some fruit?" You nodded and headed to the fridge as he ran up to get the other one.

He joined you minutes later as you cut up the strawberries. He pushed himself up onto the counter and took a piece of the fruit from the cutting board. You glared at him. "Okay, fine, eat it from here; I won't even put it in a bowl," you said. He chuckled and you smiled, shaking your head as you moved on to the mango.

"You know," he started, "people are gonna find out now." You looked up.

"Find out?" He nodded and went to press his palm to your stomach. You pushed it away. "I'm wearing white-- you're gonna get strawberry juice all over it." He laughed.

"You have other shirts, I'm sure." You rolled your eyes. "Well, you know, we're gonna be on the beach and I'm sure there'll be people and yeah-- they're gonna see your stomach." Your eyebrows raised.

"Hm."

"Is that okay?" You looked up. "I mean I guess there's not much you can do except not wear a bathing suit." You smiled a little.

"It's okay, Gray," you whispered. "We can only keep it a secret for so long." He nodded as you picked up a piece of mango to put into your mouth.

"I won't do an announcement or anything." You nodded, appreciating it. "Our life isn't my job."

"Thank you." He leaned down to kiss you. "We should hurry up so we're not late," you whispered as he kissed you again.

"I can just book another flight--" you laughed and pulled away from him as he slipped off of the counter. "How about we get coffee on the way?" You nodded.

"Yes, please." You washed off the cutting board and knife as he double-checked your suitcases. You rinsed out your mouth and checked yourself in the mirror before joining him downstairs, your purse over your shoulder.

"Do you have our passports?" You sighed and nodded, checking one more time. "Okay, I'm gonna call E?" You nodded, sighing a little as you pulled on your shoes.

"Are you excited?" you asked as he pressed his phone to his ear. He rolled his eyes. "I'm excited." He chuckled a little.

"You better b-- hey, man, come get us?" You waited, rocking on your feet as Gray finished up with E. "Okay, he's on his way-- Elle's coming too." You smiled.

You waited for just a few moments longer before Ethan's car pulled up into the driveway. Gray pulled the suitcases down the porch as you locked up, knowing Elle and e/w would be stopping by a few times over the course of the next week to water your plants.

"Hey!" you cooed, getting into the backseat next to Elle. She looked up from the doll she had in her lap and grinned.

"Y/NN!" You smiled, doing up your seat belt once she pointed to her own, strapped over her and her car seat. "All by-self," she explained.