f o r t y - f i v e

(y/n pov)

"You gotta be careful, okay?" you asked in a whisper as you handed her the sippy cup. She nodded. "And your cookies."

"Thank you very much."

"You're very welcome." You smiled as she tip toed ahead of you by the couch Gray was still napping on and upstairs. She paused as she got to them. "Goin' up?" you asked.

"Gotta hold -ster," she whispered. You smiled and reached down for her bowl of cookies "Thank you."

"Mhm." She headed up the stairs and you walked behind her as she took it a step at a time. You laughed a little as she scurried back to the spare room, finding the storage box she wanted to sit at.

You set her cookies down and sat across from her with your second cup of coffee of the day. She giggled as she reached for a cookie. "Tea party, y/nn."

"Right-- isn't this so fun?" She nodded and offered you a cookie. You took it. "Are we just gonna have a snack and be quiet?" you asked. She nodded.

"Y/NN?" You smiled as she held up her sippy cup to clink against your mug.

"What's up?"

"Gonna come see baby?" she asked. "Baby-- baby's room?"

"Of course I'll come." She smiled. "Are you excited?"

"Coming soon?" she asked. You titled your head.

"Me or the baby, honey?" She thought for a second and raised an arm in the air.

"Both!"

"Well, how about I come tomorrow?" you asked. She nodded. "And you can give me a tour."

"Okie dokie."

"And the baby won't be coming for a whi--" you paused as you felt yourself need to gag.

"Y/NN?"

You stood up quickly and walked out of the room and into the spare bathroom down the hall. You threw up into the toilet and Elle gasped.

She ran behind you and attempted to hold back your hair, only managing to grasp a few strands. "Okay?" she asked, gently patting your back. You smiled as you calmed down.

"I'm okay," you whispered. If you were getting sick again, Elle needed to go home; you didn't want her to catch whatever it was you had.

"All done?" You nodded as you stood, flushing the toilet behind you.

You splashed water over your face and rinsed your mouth as she waited patiently by your leg. She reached up for a hand once you'd finished and you let her take it

"Sorry, 'bout that," you mumbled, resuming to your tea party. You didnt even want it anymore.

"Elle take care of mama all the time!" she exclaimed, sipping on her orange juice. "Mama gotta throw up too." You smiled.

"She does, huh?" Elle nodded as you rested your chin against your palm, listening to her talk.

"Mhm, 'cause of baby." You nodded

"Yeah, huh? The baby makes her throw up?" Elle nodded.

"Yup yup." You smiled. "Y/NN got baby too, maybe." You shook your head.

"No I don't think so," you told her with a small smile. "I think uncle Gray mighta gotten me sick." Not pregnant.

"U-cle Gray!" You nodded, reaching for your coffee anyway. "Aunt y/nn!" You smiled, sipping it and frowning.

"I am your aunt," you confirmed. Your drink was cold now-- you didnt even want it. "Are we almost done?"

"Last cookie," she said, holding it up. You smiled and she broke it in half. You didn't want it but also didnt want to hurt her feelings by saying no. So you took it.