s i x t y - f i v e

(y/n pov)

"Hey," you whispered, opening the door gently and slipping in. Your smile only widened as you approached the bed. "Hello!"

"Ready to meet your aunt, bud?" Ethan asked the little baby. You smiled as you headed over to the sink to wash and sanitize.

"Oh gosh," you whispered, heading over as E held him out.

"Maybe you'll call her aunt y/n instead of her name," he whispered as he placed him in your arms. You laughed softly as you sat down slowly on the edge of e/w's hospital bed.

"Hey," you whispered, thumb against the baby's cheek. He was awake, blinking around. Being so small, he fit in your arms perfectly.

"It's Ethan Junior," E said. You looked up quickly.

"What the--"

"Why are you disrespecting his name?" E asked. Your eyes widened a little as you looked down at the little baby.

"Ethan jun--"

"Josh," e/w filled in. You looked up and she smiled, shaking her head. Ethan laughed and clapped his hands together.

"Hey, J," you whispered, picking his first-ever nickname. "Welcome to the world, love."

"J?" Elle asked. "JJ," she said, getting on her knees and heading over. You smiled as she watched and kissed him on the head. He blinked at her. "So funny, JJ," she whispered.

The three of you adults laughed and Josh squirmed in your arms. You readjusted him as he let out a little yawn. "Awh."

"Sleepy, baby," Elle whispered, heading back to the end of the bed her mother wad in. "So so sleepy."

"I know, huh?" you asked, staring down at your nephew. You looked up. "Do you know when Gray gets back?" They shook their heads. You wanted to tell him first.

"Nope, no uncle Gray," Elle mumbled, tongue out as she wrapped her fist around a red crayon. You smiled.

"How often do you have to feed him?" you asked. E/W sighed, head tilting back as she thought.

"Every few hours, again soon too-- it's been a bit." You nodded and watched Josh's fists curl up. You smiled as E reached over to point.

"It's so fucking cute when they do that." You smiled and nodded. E/W sat up a bit and you looked up.

"I have to use the washroom," she whispered. You nodded. "Help me?" she asked you. E stood and you carefully passed J over before taking e/w by the arm, helping her out of the bed.

You held her arm as she made her way slowly to the bathroom and you stepped in, leading her into thr single stall. You closed the door for her and waited. "Does it all hurt?" you asked. She let out a little laugh.

"What do you think?" You smiled, leaning against the door. "The afterbirth stuff was a pain this time around-- especially since he's a bit early." She flushed and you opened the door up again to help her out and to the sink.

"Yeah?"

"Mhm, removing the placenta and crap was-- oh god, no more kids." You laughed as she washed her hands carefully. You washed yours too, once more, to be safe around the baby.

"Well, at least he's out healthy, right?" She nodded.

"Thank god for that." You smiled and ripped the both of you a paper towel to dry. "I need you and Gray to go get me some clothes later if that's okay?" You nodded, taking her arm to lead her back out to the bed.

"For sure," you said, walking slowly. "How long are you here for?" She shrugged.

"They said minimum a week since he's gonna need loads of check-ups and appointments with the pediatrician." You nodded and winced to see and hear Josh crying as you got back.

"I'm right here, bud," Ethan mumbled. "Why are you freaking out?" You smiled and e/w sighed, sitting on the bed. You helped her under the sheets. "Look, she's here now, you can eat all you want," E said, passing Josh back to his mother.

You laughed as e/w took him into her arms. "Hi angel," she whispered. "You hungry?"

"At least your sister loved me more," E said. You smiled, returning to your seat at the edge of the bed. You felt out of place without Gray and couldn't help but wonder where he was.

"Sister?" Elle piped up. You turned as she scrambled to her socked feet, leaving the colouring book she'd been given behind as she stumbled to E. He held his arms out and she walked right into them, falling into his lap. "Elle sister."

"Yes you are," E mumbled, kissing her head. You smiled as you watched e/w feed for a moment. Elle's stomach rumbled and she gasped, looking up. You laughed as did Ethan as e/w looked over.

"Are we hungry?" you asked. Elle blushed as she held her stomach.

"Oh!" she gasped, remembering. "Mad at y/nn," she mumbled, turning into Ethan's chest. He chuckled as he rubbed her back.

"C'mon princess."

"Nuh uh," she mumbled. You sighed. "Don't wanna play with Elle and toys, daddy," she said. You smiled.

"Of course I wanna play with you," you said gently. "But the baby was coming, remember? Y/NN was in a hurry."

"Baby?" she asked, looking over at him. You nodded. "Play still?" You nodded.

"Duh." She giggled ad her stomach rumbled again.

"Teensy bit hung-y" E stood with her on his hip.

"Shall we get a snack, princess?" She nodded and wrapped an arm around his neck.

"Juice?"

"Hell yeah, let's get some apple juice?" She nodded and E threw you a peace sign. Elle copied him and you smiled as you moved closer to e/w.

"They're both so loud," she whispered. You smiled. "I might just bring him over to your place to keep them away." You laughed softly.

"That would be perfectly fine with us." She sighed as she adjusted him in her arms. "Does it hurt?" She looked up.

"To feed?" You nodded. "No, not really, it can get really sore, but once you realize what you're actually doing it doesn't really feel all that bad." You sighed.

"I'll be a mom soon," you whispered. She smiled.

"Yes, you will." You watched as she finished up and moved him to her lap to fix her clothes. You helped out before she passed him over to stretch her arms a little.

"Hi," you whispered, pulling the neck of his onesie away from him.

"I still have to call my mom," she whispered. You smiled. "On the table?" You got her phone for her and paced around with J over your shoulder, burping him a bit. You went back to her once she was done.

"Everything okay?" She nodded.

"They'll come to visit later tonight." You nodded and handed her the baby back.

"Do you know where Gray went?" She laughed. "I just wanna know--"

"You'll see, you'll see," she reassured. "I'm sure he'll be back in no time--"

You looked down at your lap as your phone buzzed with a text. You smiled.

where are you guys now?

You responded with recovery and stood.

"Told you," she said with a smile you gave her hand a squeeze. "He has a surprise for you," she said as you walked to the door. You turned, eyebrows raised.

"Oh?"

"Mhm"

"I have one for him too."

~

an// we're almost done :) just one last chapter, the epilogue and that'll be it <3