e i g h t

(y/n pov)

"Yo." You turned. "Wow, you do look nice."

"Thanks, Gray." He nodded and handed you his tie. You shook your head. "You're so fucking stupid, just google it."

"It'll look bad though and then you'll just have to redo it." You smile and tied it for him. "How do you know, anyway? You don't ever have to tie ties."

"Before our sixth-grade grad, E told me he didn't know so I googled it for him," you said with a small smile. "There," you sighed, patting his chest.

"Thank you." You nodded. "Is she almost ready? E's freaking the fuck out." You smiled.

"She looks great, yeah." Gray nodded. "I'm just waiting here because wedding talk's making me all crazy." You rolled your wrists out. He looked at you, shaking his head.

"It's okay," he said. You nodded. "And-- any-- woah," he whispered, turning. You smiled.

"You didn't see it when we got here?" you asked. He shook his head. "It's pretty."

"Now I wanna get married here," he whispered. You laughed and he stuck his hand into the fountain. You pulled his arm away. "What-"

"Don't touch it!" He chuckled and wiped his finger on his pants. You shook your head and let out a sigh.

"Grayson!" You both turned to look up the stairs. "My tie, man, mom's with e/f and I can't go i--"

"I don't know how to do it either, fuckfa--"

"I can do it," you said with a sigh. You headed up the stairs with a little smile.

"I'm gonna go get a cookie," Gray mumbled, walking away. You gave him a nod and met E at the top of the stairs.

"Thank you," he whispered. You nodded and he handed you the tie. "Uh-- hey."

"Hello."

"I really was just being nice; you look really nice." You nodded. "Gray got all weird about it."

"It's okay, he was just looking out for me." E gave you a smile and you restarted.

"Hey," he said again. You nodded again. "I'm sorry things got all fucked up." You shrugged.

"It's alright." It really wasn't but they'd have to be. "I really am happy for you, E."

"Thank you."

"And I want the best for you." He nodded.

"I want the best for you too," he said with a smile. You nodded and took a step back. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, Ethan." You stood there for a moment before giving him one last nod. "And congratulations."

"Tha--"

"Hey, E, grandma wants to see you." You gave E a smile and a wave and he headed down the stairs to join his sister. You gave Cameron a wave as they walked off, softly bickering.

"Eth-" You turned to see Gray walking towards you. "Where'd Ethan go?"

"With Cameron." He nodded and smiled. "I'm okay, Gray, you don't have to walk on eggshells with me."

"I know, I just don't want you to be upset." You smiled and shrugged. "Hug?"

"My make up?" He shrugged and you hugged him, face away from his shirt. "That was a bad hug, Grayson."

"Later-- I'm a great hugger." You smiled.

"That you are."

---