Prologue

4 years old is the age at which quirks manifest themselves. I had watched all my classmates gain and show off their's in awe at some of the power and beauty each one held.

Everyday that passed till when mine would show had filled me with more bubbly excitement then my tiny body could contain.

It was the only thing I had to look forward to.

Many nights I had prayed for a quirk that would give me super strength so that I could finally stand up for my mother.

Ever since he, my stepfather, came into our lives it had been nothing but abuse. If I got a quirk with as much power behind it as I had seen with some of my classmates then I knew I could save her, even if she doesn't want it.

But no one gets to choose their quirk, it's not that easy.

That day came and went, followed by many days after and nothing. I felt hopeless, powerless, even more so then before.

I had begged my mother for us to see a doctor about it but he refused us, saying that I must not whine just because I was both a useless and quirkless child. So we never went. Though I never gave up on trying to preform all the different types of quirks I'd seen others have, sadly with no reward.

School got harder as more kids grew stronger and greedier for power they couldn't handle. I was fortunate enough to have gone to a middle school where I met someone just like me.

Midoriya was a shy, quirkless boy who took every insult in from everyone around him with no retaliation in return. He was sad to hear I was quirkless too, I'd thought he'd be happy that he wasn't alone like I was but this sweet boy only cared about how my future would turn out.

Sadly we could only be school friends as my stepfather never allowed me to go hangout with him and I never wanted him to come over to my house. Although I was still glad I had someone to confide in. I always stood up for him, it felt good to finally be able to protect someone I cared for.

But that all changed when the 'accident' happened.

I was in my last year of middle school. I was filled with the excitement that midoriya and I were still going to try out for U.A even though we were both quirkless. He had always kept me motivated to save others and to keep reaching for your goal even when others are closer.

I had arrived home to hear him yelling again. Their fights were always one sided, his quirk had allowed him the strength that I had wished for most of my life, while my mother never used hers against him.

But then came the bang.

I remember thinking he must had dropped something in anger but when I walked into the kitchen to see blood on the counter and my mother laying motionless on the floor where the rest of the blood was pooling around her head, I knew I couldn't have been more wrong.

He never even tried to help her as he began yelling at me.

I felt so defeated, so useless, so angry.

When I finally shot my eyes to his, he began writhing in pain.

I never even tried to help him as I began yelling at him.

His skin had grown boils all over his body as he fell to the floor in agony.

His screams were loud and pleading as steam rose from his body but all I could hear was the blood pumping in my ears.

Finally his scream had stopped and I had looked to my mother only to see the pool of blood that was once around her head was now surrounding my feet.

Both of them were dead.

Did I call for help?

Wish I could have but the neighbors beat me to it. If only they were as quick to call for help all the other times I was crying for it.

The police and a pro hero had found me sitting with my dead mother's head cradled in my arms in hysterics while his corpse simmered in the background.

After any days of questions, the police had found out about the abuse and how he murdered her with no care. As for me they wrote it off quirk malfunction as that is what I stated it as.

The pro hero that had stayed in the room for every questioning had asked me about my quirk. I had stated the truth, that up until know I thought I was quirkless. He took it as I had no idea what my quirk was or how to control it, to which I agreed to both.

His hair was always up, his eyes looked so sore and red. His intense gaze never wavered from me, if I say it didn't make me feel uncomfortable I'd be lying.

Weeks had passed and they finally made a discussion.

Orphanage was out of the question as the nature of my quirk was deemed dangerous and unstable. They concluded that I'd stay with the Pro hero who was always in the room.

He didn't look to happy about the idea but had agreed as I later found out he was the only one who could stop my quirk if it ever got out of hand.

I had no where else to go so I just agreed.

And with that caused a jump start to my whole new life.