Chapter 31- a new hero

"I'm fine, I'm fine."

I was back at the dorms. Hawks was still out of it when I said goodbye to him and my worry continued to grow as I got back to school.

"I was so scared! We all watched the fight!" Mina vigorously shook me as the rest gathered around us.

Aizawa has already given me the lecture of scared loved one then hugs, before letting me off to the dorms.

"But did I look super badass?" My eyebrow quipped up in false cockiness.

"You were so manly!" Kiri chipped in with his bright smile stretched across his face.

"Kiri, stop it, you flatter me." I laughed while gently shoving his shoulder with mine, he is so cute damn. I noticed the tint of pink on his cheeks and I swear mine were the same.

________________________________

Winter was here and it was time for some of us to change up our hero costume to better suit this. I never changed my suit cause I never saw a reason too.

"Mina! That fluffy, fluff scarf is too cute!" I cooed out while playing with it. Mina played with it too thanking me.

I looked over at the rest only to noticed Bakugo's new fit, god damn, that is yes from the jury.

"Now, class A, is the day we settle things between us. Don't you think?!" Oh boy, there Monoma goes again.

The rest of class B followed suit looking annoyed at their loud, dysfunctional child.

"We're going to have a special guest this time."

"Please don't do anything to embarrass yourselves."

Ooooh? A special bitch coming in to get pummeled by us? I wonder who-?

My jaw dropped.

"Purple war! Finally!" I grinned from ear to ear as Shinso playfully rolled his eyes trying hard to suppress his smile.

I listened intently at his speech, a feeling of pride welling up in me.

"-I will become a great hero, so that I can use my quirk to help others. All of you here today are obstacles that I must overcome," he had his serious face on, baby, "I have no intention of making friends."

This poor child doesn't know that them's fighting words for some of these kiddies. Friendship is going to pounce on him before he knows it, I mean he already has me!

Everything for today's lesson was explained to us and then we all were placed into our teams.

I was on a team with Kiri, Denki and Tsu. Honestly a dream team of wholesome sunshine.

Shinso got to randomly pick his team next. He got my team and sadly for him, the very much clinically insane, Monoma.

"You've got a face of a popular guy. I bet you're popular with the ladies, yeah? I can tell." Denki of course just straight up openly flirted with Shinso when he joined our team.

"Isn't he just such a pretty boy?" I teased ruffling his hair causing him to playfully glare at me.

"Oh, are you guys...do you know each other?" Kiri stammered over his words.

"Yeah, yeah, this little one is my apprentice." I continued my teasing as Shinso looked like he was ready to delete himself from the universe, while I noticed Denki shoving Kiri from the corner of my eye.

"Let the match began!" Vlad's voice boomed out as we'd all had gotten to our assigned areas.

As we walked forward towards our targets, Shinso explained to the concept of his quirk and voice changer.

He had his little serious voice on but I knew he was enjoying our company.

Our bonding session was cut short by one of the others students from class B slamming Kiri away from us.

"Shit! Kiri!" I tried to go after him but the one yeti looking motherfucker towered over us and I also took notice of another student riding on his shoulder.

Luckily for us Shinso was able to trick the 'beast' easily immobilizing him but it only trigger the student riding shotgun to form a cube of air around Shinso.

It seemed the mind control was shot as the beast swung at Denki, who just electrocuted him, while I jumped into action. I wrapped my blood around the shotgun kid, making sure to cover his mouth, before running off to contain him.

But boy oh boy was I in for it as the beast came barreling after me, luckily for me I had to advantage of the air.

Kiri went on the defensive only to be thrown into the air like a rocket by the beast himself.

Having imprisoned the air boy, I stood with the last of our team. Just Shinso, Denki, Tsu and I.

"I should have been faster in capturing him...my bad." Damn I could easily see that Shinso was beating himself up again.

"Not one person is to blame. We need to come up with a proper plan together, no time for self doubt." I said smiling at Shinso before giving him a soft punch in the shoulder.

Tsu agreed with me and even popped in with her own plan. It was really fucking smart too.

We all, now covered in a layer of Tsu slime, headed towards our next targets.

Denki went up ahead to act as a decoy while I went for scaly boy.

Shinso had brainwashed vine girl which freed Denki from his imprisonment just as I'd landed a swift kick to scaly's head from above.

The huge banging coming from Shinso's direction caught my action as I saw the beast boy was going straight for him. Thinking quickly I wrapped my blood around the beast's neck and used the two strands to catapult myself straight at its head, knocking him out.

Out of breath, Shinso mind controlled vine girl to drag our targets to their prison.

"-I have to become a Pro with my own ability." Having heard to butt end of Shinso's conversation with Tsu, made me huff.

After a quick review of our weak points the next team was off to go.

I plopped down next to Shinso as Monoma was basically nutting as he talked.

"You did good out there." I said patting his knee, only to have him sigh.

"I have a long way to go." Shinso continued to listen in on Monoma's plan as I kept my hand on his knee while turning to watch the match that was happening.

A huge shit eating grin spread across my face as I watched Toko show off his new special move. I'm so happy Hawks actually agreed to my plan of bringing Toko into our nest. I mean yeah it sucks that I couldn't have been with them during the internships but I'm glad Hawks still helped him.

The match sadly ended with our class losing but I didn't have time to dwell on it as I watched Izukun and All Might sneak off to the side.

I slide my way over with Bakugo to get filled in on the haps.

"It activated on its own? That's new, you're okay right?" The concern in my voice was heavy, if his quirk malfunctioned it could seriously injury him.

"Yeah, I'm okay don't worry!" Izukun was still smiling, I'm glad.

I guess, in our own ways, we've all been through hell and came back kicking.