Chapter 36- the past creeps in

The internships were over and although ours had ended with a bang of a villain trying to get at Endeavor, it hadn't phased me as my mind was stuck on Touya.

But I took Endeavor's words at the end towards Natsu to heart. He truly was changing for the better but to answer your question, no, I can never forget the shit he's done and I will never see him as someone who deserves my respect. It wasn't my place to forgive though so I will stick to Todo's side in the matter, I'll be there to support my friend.

I shuffled into the teacher's common room to see Yamada and Aizawa looking just as bad as I felt.

I flopped down onto Yamada's back with a huff, which caused a ear drum shattering shriek to sound out from him.

"Why do you two look so down?" I asked still laying on Yamada's back while rubbing my now sore ears.

"Oh, Skye, it's you." Yamada let out a breath of relief at the information.

"It's been a long day..." I turned my head to Aizawa and noticed how red his eyes were, from crying or quirk usage?

"Did something happen?" I sat up so that I was sitting with my butt between the couch and Yamada with my legs hanging over him.

Aizawa let out a heavy sigh then, as though almost readying himself to speak.

"You remember Shirakumo?" My eye widened at his words.

Of course I did. Aizawa had told me stories of his past in a way to get me to open up more back in the day.

I had always loved the ones that involved Yamada, Aizawa and Shirakumo. They really were a naughty bunch, but I especially loved the look on Aizawa's face when he spoke of those times so much nostalgia and happiness with a cloud of mourning.

"Yeah, your guys' friend from back in the day..." I didn't want to add the dead part, the day was already too solemn for that.

"He..." Aizawa let out another sigh before racking his hand down his face, "he's Kurogiri."

My heart stopped.

The bubbly cloud that I'd heard stories of, was the monster that helped the league. Hell, the monster who helped aid in Bakugo and my kidnapping. This isn't right.

"What?" My head hurt, "but he's de... he's not here anymore."

"It turns out they used his corpse and made him into a numo." Aizawa's words sent shock throughout my body.

No wonder these two looked like shit. If this news hurt me this much, I couldn't even imagine the feelings that they were going through.

"But...wait Kurogiri was captured, wasn't he? So you can go see him and maybe talk some sense into him and maybe get Shirakumo ba-"

"We've already been." Yamada mumbled into the couch.

"You-you have? And what happened?!" I looked between Aizawa and Yamada searching for answers.

"We saw his face..." Aizawa let out a breath before continuing, "then he shut down."

"Shut down? But he showed a sign of himself, yeah? So then he's still in there!" I don't know why I was so desperate for a mans safety that I've never met. Maybe it was the thought of the hell he was probably going through at being forced into some monster that fired my fury.

"Maybe..." Yamada was the only one who answered, while Aizawa continued to stare at the floor.

Someone who they knew to be dead, now alive and their enemy...wait Touya...

"Hey, th-"

"Aizawa!"

We all turned to see Mirio and Amajiki standing before us, solemn faces seemed to be a theme for everyone today I guess.

"Sorry to interupt but it's Eri, her horn is growing."

All previous conversations were thrown to the side as we arrived in Eri's room.

"It's tingles..." Eri was crying as she held her head where her now much larger horn sat.

I crouched down next to her as she sat on Nejire's lap, gently taking her hands in mine to provide some level of distraction as Aizawa erased her quirk.

"Is it better now?" I softly asked while gently pushing some her hair out of her face.

"A little, thank you." Eri sniffled as she spoke.

Today wasn't going easy on any of us, I guess.

Her horn was much larger now. I fear for what will happen if it keeps growing like this.

I placed a tended kiss on her forehead before pulling away with a smile.

Don't let her see your fear, she only deserves good things.

"My magic kisses will make everything better!" She squeaked with laughter as I attacked her with more kisses.

Eri's laughter always had a way of creeping into my heart and giving it a huge hug. I will always be grateful to have her in my life.

Live in the moment you have now cause you never know what's coming your way next.

It may be cheesy but having died and come back I feel it's a pretty damn good motto to live by.

And boy was I right about not knowing what was coming next.

A war was brewing and we were all about to be right in the middle of it all.