Chapter 30- high end

"Woah, now..."

"Hawks, sweetheart, now really isn't the time for 'woah nows' when the building is about to leave us."

"Don't worry about it birdie, I got it."

Hawks sent out his feathers and I knew not to talk as he needed all his concentration with his quirk.

"Alrighty, all done. Let's go!" Hawks grabbed my hand and leaped out the window.

It took me a hot minute to come to my senses before spreading out my blood wings.

Endeavor sent out strings of fire, cutting up the top half of the building in an attempt to get the numo.

To no avail but only making things worse as the numo made more of itself, launching them at the helpless civilians.

Hawks and I flew in taking them out with ease, they were much weaker then the one Endeavor is fighting.

"My back ain't broad enough to put the people at ease." Hawks whisper to himself but I heard.

"Wrong, you put me at ease all the time." I said gently patting his shoulder as I noticed his wings puff up a bit.

Hawks never got to reply as the numo cut down Endeavor.

"Shit!" I exclaimed quickly flying off to his location. I may hate you for what you did but Todo told me you were trying to change so don't you fucking die before then.

I watched as Endeavor flew back after the numo with his flames and I joined with Hawks hot on my tail.

The numo went for a blow at Endeavor's already broken up face but acting quickly I morphed my blood into a whip before wrapping it around the numo's hand, yanking it from its target as hard as I could. The numo seemed pissed off by my actions as it swung at me only to cut my side a bit as Hawks pulled me out of the way.

Hawks sent out his feathers to push Endeavor forward and I joined in sending out my blood.

As Endeavor pushed forward Hawks and I had a bit of a rough landing onto one of the rooftops now that our way of flying was given to the number one.

Hawks has gotten clipped by the numo, blood dripped down his face to which I used my quirk to seal up the wound and then my own.

With our extra push, Endeavor was sent high into the air where he freely let out his strongest blast of fire.

Hawks and I ran towards him when he fell back down to earth only to see him standing on the ground with his fist in the air.

The new number one.

Hawks caught him before he fell over as I stood near, first testing out my quirk before fully covering his wounds once I knew he was type AB.

"I can't believe you used the same pose as All Might." Hawks laughed out trying to ease the mood.

"No...I used...the other arm...his was...his left...!" Leave it to Endeavor to be that level of petty even now.

"Okay tough guy, doesn't matter. I can stop the bleeding but you definitely need a hospital." I noted after fully stopping the blood loss.

"Thank you." Endeavor genuinely responded.

"He can't move so we need to call someo-"

"Hold up for juuuust a minute. A lot of things went beyond my expectations...but well, let's do things in order. Nice to meet you, I guess... Endeavor and funny seeing you again little Skye." Dabi stood before us and lopsided grin pulling at his stitches.

Dabi erupted a wall of flames around us, crushing all our plans of escape.

Fuck I'm scared.

My body is trembling but I can't lose my edge when there are people here I need to protect.

If he goes for Endeavor or Hawks they have no way of defending themselves. I still have enough blood to protect them.

I morphed my blood around my arm before sharpening it. Hawks looked at me with a terrified expression as the realization that I was getting ready to fight.

"Skye don-"

I ignored Hawks' harsh whisper and I bolted towards Dabi who looked super happy with this turn of events.

My path was cut off by a huge explosion which caused me to stumble back on my feet from the shockwave.

There in the middle of it all, was Miruko.

Dabi looked just disappointed at the news.

"Just when it was getting good. A little help, Ujiko?" With those words a black goo pooled out of his mouth. Fuck, PTSD kicking even more now.

"Catch ya later, mister number one hero. I'm sure we'll have another chance to talk, but until then...break a leg out there!! But don't go kickin' the bucket! Todoroki Enji!" Dabi merciless yells only increased my fear as I saw his stitches pull up at how wide his mouth stretched open with each cry. The way he spoke and the look in his eyes, do they know each other?

Miruko dove in, foot first hoping to connect but sadly Dabi was long gone, leaving us all with a heavy weight in our chests.

I guess we won? It didn't feel like it at all. It felt more like it was the start to something a hundred times worse.

I anxiously stood near Endeavor as he sat in the hospital bed covered in bandages. Hawks had completely disappeared afterwards and I'm fucking worried.

So you can tell my mind was a mess when he slandered in with an expression of pure despair. Where did he go?

"Hawks, are-"

"I'm sorry birdie." He didn't look me in the eyes but I could practically feel the guilt weighing on him.

"This isn't your fault, okay? I'm just so glad we are all okay." I was trying to lighten his mood, something definitely was eating away at him.

He never replied, the same look of hurt was still swimming in his eyes.