Chapter 26- comfort

We'd finally made it back to the dorms late at night only to be bombarded by everyone.

I got the wind knocked out of me as Mina tackled me into a hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" I just squeezed her back in reply, happy that I was okay too.

Everyone was so sweet and concerned towards us, even Kouda's bunny was there to greet us.

The announcement from the two grumps caused a stop in the commotion. Todo and Bakugo were off to bed and hearing from Jirou it was because they had their provisional license training tomorrow.

I watched as the two left for their room, silently admiring how good Todo looked in that turtle neck when Bakugo slightly turned his head his eyes trained on mine before he looked away walking off to his room. Okay? What did that mean?

Momo popped out of nowhere giving me some tea. God, she was also wearing a turtle neck and her hair was down, stunning, I smiled at her in a silent thanks to which she smiled back, my heart.

After playing with Kouda's bunny while I finished off my tea for a bit longer, we all made our ways to our own rooms.

I lay in bed staring at the ceiling for hours now, sleep didn't seem to be an option.

I died, but I don't remember a thing afterwards.

Does that mean there isn't an afterlife? No happy place after you're gone? Just nothing for eternity? Does that mean all the people I've lost I'll never-?

As you can clearly see my mind didn't give me a break.

I couldn't go to Aizawa as he had to stay with Eri in the hospital.

Sitting up I glanced over at my clock to see it was midnight, oh come on sleep just beat my ass.

Giving up I jumped out of bed and trudged out of my room till I was in front of Mina's door.

I knocked softly, waiting for a response as I rocked on my heels.

Eventually the door opened to show a very sleepy looking cutie squinting up at me.

"Hi, sorry I can't sleep." I embarrassedly confessed.

"Skye! Man my sleepy brain took so long to register what was going on," Mina let out a laugh with her words, "come on in."

I plopped down onto her bed falling out my stomach as Mina lay down next to me.

"Do you want talk about it?" Mina softly asked.

I heavily sighed, burying my head into her pillows. Everyone knew what happened to me, of course I was the one who agreed with Aizawa that they should know, so it didn't bother me.

I rolled onto my back and dropped my head to the side to face her.

"Everything has just been so much in such a small moment of time," Mina just looked at me letting me talk as she listened to each of my words, "I mean it's still only our first year here and we've had villains attack us, Bakugo and I were kidnapped by villains the second time we were attacked by them and then I was killed. I honestly can't wrap my head around it."

Mina grabbed my hand giving it a squeeze in a silent comfort.

"It really has been a lot, huh? But you know what?" Mina smiled down at me, "we survived all of it and in turn have grown stronger from it. I can't relate to some of what you went through but I can confidently tell you that you kicked ass."

I laughed at her, playfully rolling my eyes which only caused her to gently bonk me on the head.

"I'm not joking! You and Bakugo fought off those villains and came out victorious! I also heard from Deku that when you came back from the dead you straight up saved Eri first! I'd say you're definitely Pro hero material." Mina proudly stated.

"Aah stop man, too many compliments!" I playfully pushed her aside while smiling brightly at her words.

This is just what I needed.

"Thank you for that." I sheepishly said before a yawn overtook me.

"Yay! Sleepover!" Mina cheered as a yawn took over her too.

"You sure I can stay? You don't have to if-" her hand landed over my mouth.

"Hush child, you overthink too much. Of course you can sleepover." Mina said pulling the covers over us.

"Yeah, you're right I do overthink everything." I laughed getting comfortable under the covers.

"Goodnight, Skye." Mina turned to me and grabbed my hand in hers before closing her eyes.

"Night, thank you again." I gave her hand a squeeze in return before closing my eyes too.

And this time I didn't see his hand, I just saw Mina's smile.

I finally got to sleep in peace.