Chapter 32- family

"Skye, I am so sorry." Toko said walking over to me with his head down.

"For what?" Confusion laced my voice.

"We both trained under Hawks and I know you were the one to recommend me to him but I hath failed you both." I could hear the disappointment clear in his voice.

Aww this baby!

"Toko, no. You did good out there! Besides your new move is so cool." I said gently patting his back.

"But-"

"No buts hun, we will learn from our failures and grow into heroes! As cheesy as that fucking sounds." I laughed off.

"I guess you are right." Toko sighed out.

My eyes shot over to the screen as the commotion of the others hit my ears, only to see Izukun struggling against a black substance.

All the muscles in my body stiffened at the sight, the goo looked kind of like the shit from Kamino and what Dabi used to leave. This can't be happening, not again.

The teachers went to his aid but Shinso had stepped in, mind controlling him, and I just watched as Uraraka held Izukun.

So it wasn't the same goo? What the fuck just happened? Did his quirk malfunction again? Is he-?

Izukun got back up looking a bit dazed before continuing on with the match.

Huh? I'm getting whiplash.

Maybe it was just...I have no idea.

I continued to watch the match unfold, having another heart failure as the black whip like things appeared again only to watch Izukun use them to his advantage for a bit before they disappeared.

Did he just get another quirk?

Sadly for my boy, Shinso, his team lost.

The matches were done and our class had taken the victory!

Everyone surrounded with concern over what the hell just happened with Izukun but it seems he knew very little too...or that was what he wanted everyone to think, obviously something to do with one for all.

Shinso began bleating about his 'weakness' and Aizawa beat me to it as he used Shinso's own binding cloth to strangle some sense into him.

"No one was expecting you to go that far," Aizawa let him go and continued his lecture, "everyone here has been training hard every day to be a hero that can save someone. I hope you remember that you can't help others if you don't have the power to help yourself. With that in mind, your actions were more than enough to pass."

"Shinso will join the hero department starting his second year, nobody better take him halfheartedly."

I was bubbling with excitement as I grabbed Shinso and pulled him into a tight hug.

"You did it!" I squealed shaking him from side to side.

"I did it." It was so faint but I heard him and he sounded so happy.

________________________________

After a long talk with Izukun, All Might and Bakugo about why Izukun went crazy back there which turns out was actually another users quirk showing face, we were all in the dorms.

Class B had even joined us too.

I flopped down onto the couch with some of the others. I was so exhausted, both physically and mentally.

Izukun is going to have many quirks at his disposal soon and as powerful as it sounds it's also terrifying from seeing how just one new one acted.

"Hey, do you have any pictures of Hawks? Like private ones?"

My head whipped to the side at hearing the conversation next to me.

"Hmm... I may."

"Ah, exquese me? Toko what?" I added in as my ears couldn't believe what they'd heard.

"Here you may have a look too." I was quick to grab Toko's phone only to see a photo of Hawks flying.

I looked up at Toko confused but he just nodded and then with an expression of realization motioned for me to swipe to the next photo.

I was worried about what I was going to see but when I swiped to the next photo my heart swelled. It was a photo of a framed picture on a desk, the picture that was framed was of Hawks and I posing, wings to wings. His feathers had taken the photo of us.

"It had escaped my thoughts to show you that I'd found this on his desk." Toko said as I continued to stare at it.

I can't believe that little weirdo got it framed and everything.

"Thanks Toko," I sent a smile his way as I gave his phone back, "send it to me if you don't mind."

"But of course." He called after me as I went over to Momo as she had called me over for some tea.

And of course the tea was absolutely heaven. Leave it to Momo to make the best tea in the entire world.

I sent a quick message to Hawks about the photo as I sipped on my tea watching Mina put the grape fuck through therapy on how to be a decent human being.

The atmosphere in the dorms was so lively it made me feel like I had found my own little family here, it felt comforting.

Hawks had messaged back in detail about how much he loved the photo and that he just had to frame it.

Yeah, I definitely found my own little family here.