Chapter 14- new life

We all stood in shock watching as the fight went down.

All Might seemed to be withering away as the battle continued.

The symbol peace was at his wits end and all we could do was watch from the screen in fear.

Everyone around us began crying for All Might to win.

The fear that had consumed everyone only fueled their cheers for his victory.

I joined in, screaming for him till my voice was horse and tears spilled from my eyes.

In one final fully-powered punch, All Might stood victorious with his fist in the air.

Everyone's screams filled with excitement and pure bliss at the sight.

"You're next." All Might's words meant nothing but a threat to other villains to everyone, except for Izukun.

I looked over at him watching as he sobbed loudly after those words. I put two and two together, realizing that the words were for Izukun.

You're next, my successor.

I gently placed my hand on his shoulder, showing him that he wasn't alone.

________________________________

The next few days felt like a haze to me.

I was in the hospital as my injuries healed and blood was transferred back into my body.

Aizawa had bombarded into my room, his face was such a mixture of emotion.

I smiled at him and tried to reassure him that I was fine but that only lead to me crying in his arms.

It was all so overwhelming.

Bakugo or I could have died.

Or worse, still in the leagues clutches.

I had been informed that Bakugo had visited me a few times while I was asleep. That pussy boy could have come when I was awake.

Hawks had also come to see me but the smile he wore contrasted greatly with the guilt that swam around in his eyes and I couldn't understand why.

He had bought me a Hawks plushie and I couldn't help but laugh, I mean it was a super cute plushie.

I worried for him, he looked so tired but so alert at the same time. I tried to ask him but he quickly changed the subject, which only caused my worry to increase greatly. God I hope he's okay.

Once I was back home I heard the news of All Might's retirement, it sure was a hard pill to swallow.

The symbol of peace was no more.

Aizawa had told me about the new dorm life that we were all going to live and I honestly didn't know how to feel about it.

Sure I was excited to be so close with my friends but I'd miss having to wake Aizawa up every morning.

I went with Aizawa and All Might to visit everyone's families about the dorms as I wasn't allowed to be left alone and yeah, fair enough.

Jirou's family was so sweet and fully into the idea of the dorm life, I mean after playing the pretend anger parent card.

Aizawa seemed to be relieved once we'd left only to have All Might inform us on the next house we were to visit, the Bakugo's.

I was so glad to be able to see how he was doing after everything we'd been through.

As we all sat on their sofa it was obvious where Bakugo had gotten his aggression from as his mom talked with us.

Bakugo had avoided my eyes the whole time I sat there no matter how hard I stared holes into his head.

His family was something, the two of them being very aggressive while his dad was very timid.

"Skye, I'm really happy to see that you're all right." Bakugo's mom said with a kind smile on her lips as she roughly held Bakugo.

"Oh, thank you." I returned the smile while subconsciously rubbing the shoulder Toga had stabbed, this caused Bakugo's eyes to glance at my motion before looking away again.

After they'd agreed gratefully to the dorms we were on our way out, only to be stopped by Bakugo.

"All Might? Just what...is Deku to you?" Bakugo's face was purely serious as he stared down All Might.

"A student of course." I knew better then what he answered with but I decided it wasn't my place to say.

"Is that so...well if you're determined not to tell me that's fine," Bakugo turned around and slowly walked back to his house, "but thanks, for everything."

I smiled at his words, about to leave myself before Bakugo spoke again.

"Skye," He said with his back facing me, "I'm glad you're okay."

"I'm glad you're okay too." I softly said smiling at his back as he walked back inside.

We were to go to Izukun's house next but All Might said he had it so we went back home.

"God I need a drink after that." Aizawa said falling onto the couch as soon as we got home.

"It wasn't that bad," I added chuckling at him, "at least they all seemed for the dorms idea."

Aizawa groaned in response seeming to be falling asleep already.

"Hey!" I said patting his head, "we still need to pack."

"Ah, right," He said as he slowly got up from his comfortable position before pausing to think and adding, "how are you doing by the way?"

"Hm, oh, um I'm okay," I laughed off only for a pointed look to be shot my way making me sigh, "it's nothing I can't handle."

"You had trouble sleeping last night." Aizawa stated walking over to me and placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, it was just a nightmare." I added with a weak smile.

"You know that when we move into the dorms you can come over to my room anytime to talk." Aizawa gently said causing me to nod in agreement with a genuine smile.

"Thank you, now let's getting ready for our new life," I said moving over to my room only to stop turning to Aizawa, "wait, are pets allowed?"

"We aren't getting you a cat for your dorm." He smiled at me question.

"Jealous much?" I teased going back to packing for our new life.