🕊If I Have To Hear Free Bird One More Fucking Time🕊

"Seriously they've been playing that song non stop. If I have to hear free bird one more fucking time I swear to god!" I said in disapproval with the hit the song playing on the radio. I crossed my arms over my chest and stared carelessly out the window as I watched the other cars drive by.

"Sorry I'll turn it off." Carly said sympathetically as she fought with her car radio. "How does opera sound."

"Sounds like that lady sat on something sharp." Jacob chimed in. "Come on this instead of Skynyrd? Y'all seriously don't like them?"

"Shut the fuck up Jacob or I will turn this car around." Carly snapped trying to sound as if she possessed authority.

"OKAY FINE MOM!" Jacob joked and then turned to me.

"You seriously can't tell me you don't like free bird. It's like the best rock song of all time!"

"Guilty as charged little bro. Just shut up about it now, okay?"

Now you may wonder why I came to resent the eventual Lynyrd Skynyrd classic. The answer I gave Joseph was "It's just not my kind of music" but that couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, you could say that rock n roll saved my soul. So you want the truth? Here's the truth.

Considering the timing of it's release along with the lyrical content, I've always figured Free Bird was written about me. So what I did with that theory was listen to the song religiously. Find any clues that could signify the reason why he left me. But even after hearing the peice one million times I still couldn't figure it out.

When I was eighteen, I had a habit of sneaking into bars. My home life wasn't at all ideal, so even a safe haven for drunken bastards made me feel more comfortable.

It was there that I met Ronnie Van Zant. I guess even when his handsome looks alone made me weak in my knees I never new how much he'd change my life. From the night we first met, I was never the same.

"Come on Ella. We don't wanna be late!" Joseph warned  with excitement as he skipped along the sidewalk. "Carly you hurry up too."

"Let me see who's playing." I took the pamphlet and quickly opened it. "Lynyrd Skynyrd? Carly can I talk to you alone?"

Even though Joseph wasn't pleased with the fact that we weren't going to be at the event right on the dot of his desired time, he at least pretended he was being patient.

Now that he was out of earshot, I dropped the bomb. "Why the fuck would you take me to an event where my ex boyfriend is playing?"

Carly avoided answering the question, but instead left me with "we don't have to go if you don't want to."

"No." I said sternly. "I wanna go. I wonder what his reaction would be like if he saw me."