🕊Jack And Diane🕊

"Joseph and Brad are at baseball practice." My mother explained as she took a sip of cheap wine. "So, this must be Jack."

"Yeah." I replied quickly. "The whole reason you called me out here."

Reluctantly, I allowed my mother to hold the child. Out of anxiety I stood right next to her and eyed ol' Jack Daniels like a hawk.

"I was a mother too yknow." The woman snapped at me, out of anger Ronnie squeezed my hand.

"Not a good one." I mumbled as I took the child back in my arms. "Well now you've seen him..."

"Oh don't be rude honey. Stay a little while. If you're real good I'll make your favorite for dinner."

"C'mon mom she's not a child anymore." Carly chimed in as she looked the photographs on the wall up and down.

We all turned toward the door when we saw the knob turn. Joseph, was very excited to see us. "HEY GUYS!"

But with Joseph soon came Brad. I shivered at the thoughts and memories of him touching me.

"Hey hey it's okay. I'm here." Ronnie whispered as he pulled me close to him. "He's not gonna hurt you if I'm around."

I gave him a small smile as I went to hug Joseph, who was also keen on having a turn to hold Jack.

Brad however, took one look at Ronnie and decided now of all times was a good time to start an argument. "I thought I told you to stay away from her."

"You both lied to me." I muttered viciously.  "He never left me. He loved me."

"Ella.." Carly held out her hand to me. "Ella breathe.."

"I let you meet Jack. I gave you what you wanted. Now, I'm done."