🕊Poison Whisky🕊

Ella, 1972
"They are going to love you. Don't you worry about a thing Elle." I  words of tradition, meeting the parents comes after making it official. Ronnie was of course filling me with claims of how I was loved by everyone and had nothing to worry about, and that theh anxiety caused by this first time introduction served no purpose.

"Okay." I displayed a quick smile as his lips connected with mine and he tossed an arm lazily around my neck. Soon after that I found the courage to step inside the house and was instantly greeted by a very excited child; I figured that this must be Johnny.

"You were right Ronnie! She is super pretty!" The child said. "Hey if you ever get tired of old Ronnie over there I'm currently single."

"Johnny I'm gonna kill you.." Ronnie shot his little brother a look and I burst out laughing. Even more so when he turned back to ,e with the same serious look on his face. "What?'

"Nothing babe." I let out one final giggle and then kissed his cheek. 

"What's all this ruckas over?" Another man asked the trio of us in the kitchen. "Oh you must be Ella. I'm Lacey, this is Marion."

"We've heard so much about you." His wife said with a warm smile and graciously examined my facial features. "My my you're gorgeous dear. Ronnie never shuts about you I feel like we've known eachother for years."

---
"So, Ronnie over here tells me you're from Alabama?" Lacey observed as he passed the potatoes to his young son who was the target of my smile as I watched him roll a small toy truck back and forth on the table.

"Yeah. Born and raised. But after my dad died my mama wanted out of that place. So, we moved here." Upon mentioning my deceased father figure, my smile began to fade. However, looking to Ronnie it returned again. "But it hasn't been all bad."

The smile he returned caused me to blush from becoming flattered although embasrssed. "I still miss it sometimes though."

----
"FUCK! It's eleven!" Johnny had long gone to bed, and I was too invested in a game of poker to think of checking the time. "I'm sorry about my language, I just really need to go."

"Babe wait." Ronnie chased after me when I reached for the door. "Let me drive you home at least, you can't possibly walk home and make it before the rooster crows tommrow."

"Okay."

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" Ronnie asked me as we began approaching the area of my residence.

"Yeah. I'll call you tommrow." I whispered in reply and we shared a kiss that due to my anxiety I couldn't feel the passion of.

Ronnie felt my body tense up, and he wrapped me in a warm embrace, planting a kiss on the top of my head. I hugged him back, taking in the last moments of comfort before having to face Brad.

---
"I saw you with him. I saw you with that boozer." Brad slurred as he forced me against the wall. "I told you, stay away from guys like that."

"Leave me alone! You're drunk!" I begged as he began toying with my dress.