🕊Trying to Take What's Lost And Broken Make It Right🕊

Ronnie
"You're pissed at me I get it. I'm really sorry man I didn't mean to do that." I carefully placed my hand on his cheek which was now covered with a bruise.

"I'm not mad. Just worried about you man. I love you, you know that?"

"Sorry to tell you I'm not into men Gary. But if you're gay that's totally fine with me."

"Shut up Ronnie." At the very least both of us managed to get a slight laugh, but soon I couldn't keep myself from crying.

"She's really gone, isn't she?" At first, Gary pretended he didn't hear my question. Instead, he kissed my forehead and told me to get some rest. "She's really gone.."

"We all tried really hard to find her for you. I'm so fucking sorry." Gary tried to hold my hand, but I slapped his away.

"Thanks for tryin." I turned away from him hastily, forcing my eyes shut against the loud noises and the bright lights.

Ella
"WHAT HAPPEND IS HE OKAY?!" I frantically sprinted down the hallway to find myself in Gary's arms. "OH MY GOD."

The black haired man put his hand over my eyes so I couldn't see anymore.

The mood changed suddenly. Gary removed his hand when the doctor enthusiastically called out "HE'S BACK!"

"I think he knew you were here." Gary whispered softly as I rested my head on his shoulder. "He needs you Ella."

"I LEFT AND HE FUCKING DIED! THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!"

"He's back now Ella he's not dead. He needs you right now. He'll listen to you."

----
"Hey." I looked around to notice one significant thing; it was just me and him. "Ronnie it's me."

"Ella.." he whispered weakly. "It's you. It's really...it's really you."

"Why'd you wanna...die Ronnie?" I quickly wiped away a stray tear from my face hoping he wouldn't see it. " Don't run away from the question either."

"I was loosing you again. You and the beautiful life we created together. Ella I promise you I'll clean myself up. All the drugs, the fighting, the booze. I'll drop it all."

I put my face in my hands as I broke down crying, due to an overwhelming feeling of deep regret. "I'm..."

"Hey hey hey. Don't you cry now. Please don't cry." Ronnie patted the empty space on the bed signalling me to sit. I layed down next to him, and he used all the strength in his arm to pull me close to him. "I sure can't live without this."

"I'm really sorry I messed everything up. I really am." I said sincerely as I rested my head on Ronnie's heart beat. "Like your marriage."

Ronnie shifted around uncomfortably at the mention of Judy. "Seems that marriage was over before it even started. I liked the idea of being married. She did too, those were the only things we had in common."

"Hey I remember that picture." I reached for a photo that was laid carefully on the bedside table. "Life seemed so simple back then didn't it?"

"You can say that again."

"So about giving up the whole lifestyle.. you're serious about that?"

"Well I wanna watch our little boy or girl grow up. To go to their wedding.. meet their kids. And I wanna be with you. My turn to ask a question now."

There was a slight pause that caused unbreakable tension. "Are you still leaving?"